Chapter 19 (Edited)

Chloe's POV
******************

Thankfully I was fairly successful in avoiding Ryan today. Lilly had a date with Harry so we had to cancel our plans to hang out together and I did not have other plans so I was pretty much free to do whatever I pleased.

My phone rang. Upon seeing the caller ID I felt an unknown tinge of happiness. I can't explain why I still had feelings for Ryan. I really wanted to bury all these feelings because he did not reciprocate them and he made it clear with the way he brushed me off so easily as if I didn't mean anything to him.

I answered the phone call. A little voice in my head was trying to advise me against it, but in the end my urge to talk with him and hear his voice overpowered that voice.

"Hello, Ryan", I greeted him first.

"Hey, um... how are you?", Ryan asked although he sounded a bit awkward.

"What do you want?"

"Why do you have to be so rude?"

"Well for your very kind information, I am rude to all my exes."

"How many do you actually have?", he asked albeit he sounded skeptical and dare I say it, jealous.

 Wow, did this guy seriously think that I'm not capable of dating anyone?

"I don't see how it is any business of yours."

"Alright, I know I didn't treat you right but I want to meet you. Can we meet now at the National Park?" Honestly though, it did not sound as a question to me.

"Why?", I asked nonetheless.

"Don't ask questions. Just come please. And if you don't, I will just have to kidnap you."

"Ugh, fine." I let out a frustrated sigh and end the call.I go to my closet to pick out an outfit. I don't want to go through to much effort so I just throw on a simple T-shirt and jeans.I inform my mom that I am heading out and I go to meet Ryan. 

Mom is  thinking about giving dad a chance but I don't know how she can after everything that has happened but it is her decision to make and I don't want to be a barrier to her happiness.

I reach the National Park and look around for Ryan. I see him sitting in a bench near the lake and I approach him. Somehow he gets to know that I'm present even before I reach or call out for him. It feels weird but I take a seat next to him and wait for him to say what he wanted to tell me.

"Chloe, I want to tell you a very important secret about me and I want you to keep it to yourself. Please don't tell it to anyone. Like not your mom, not your diary, not your neighbour's pet. Absolutely no one. Do you get it?", he asks anxiously but I simply nod my head.

"So I hope you have heard about werewolves. They are a special species among humans. They are stronger and their senses are more heightened than an average human's. They also have the ability to transform into a wolf. During the initial stages they can transform, it is also called as 'shifting', only during the full moon but as they grow older they can shift at will. Some people think that is just a old wives' tale but they do exist. The real reason I am telling you this is because, well, it's because I am a werewolf too."

"O-okay. Are you pranking me?", I ask because I am not entirely convinced.

Ryan simply gets up from the bench and gestures me to follow him. I go along with him. We go deeper and deeper into the forest at the edge of the park. My brain is constantly warning me not to go with him into a forest at night but for some unknown reason I trust Ryan. We abruptly stop at a clearing. Ryan goes behind a tree.

And next moment I know, there's big wolf coming out from behind the tree Ryan just disappeared.

"Aaaah", I exclaim in fear. The wolf comes near me but doesn't do anything and just circles around me.

To my further disbelief it transforms in front of my eyes and it is RYAN!!!. He is stark naked and comes near me. I walk backwards until my back collides with a tree. He comes near me and encases me in his arms.

"Werewolves are real and they have mates. These mates are like their soul mates. You are my mate and I will have you, Chloe." I can just stare at him in shock at his brashness.

"I need some time to think. Please."

He seems conflicted but finally agrees and dresses. He gives me a ride home. None of us says anything the whole way and I mutter a thanks and hurry to leave the car. I rush to my room once I enter my house. I change my clothes and lie down in my bed thinking about all that has happened.

After much thinking I come to the conclusion that werewolves are harmless, because if they wanted they would have already killed all the humans. So it's clear that we are not enemies. Although if it's true about the mate thing, then why did Ryan break up with me?

*******************************
Next day, I was getting ready for school when my phone beeped with a message.

Ryan❤️
Did you decide anything?

Me
Yes.

I put my phone down and leave for school. I reach school and look around for Lilly. But before I could find her Ryan arrives and pulls me in a corner.

"So what have you decided?", he asks.

"I have decided that I don't want to be with you. It's not because you're a werewolf. Even if you were a human I wouldn't date you. You knew that I was your mate and still you broke up with me. Doesn't that mean you don't want me? Then why are you asking me now? If you don't want me then I also don't want you too. When you broke up with me you just made me go through all the heartbreak again. I don't want anything to do with you so, goodbye!"

 I don't wait for his reply and leave him speechless in the hallway.

*************************************************************