Chapter 5(Edited)

Chloe's POV

Let's see, how to tell a guy to just mind his own business?

Recap:

"Okay", I say.

"Really?!", Harry asked, as if for a moment he thought I would have said no.

"Yes", I say. At least we don't have feelings involved, which is better.

"Okay then, be ready at 5 o'clock sharp after school finishes and we can go to a Cafe", he says standing up. I nod my head and he leaves without giving me a second look.

I, too, wrap my things up as our class had gotten canceled.

Why else would we have such a time to talk without any interruption? Pfft.

I leave the class to see Ryan and Harry in a very deep conversation. So they are friends...If Harry was Ryan's friend then he must know why Ryan was behaving so weird. I made a mental note to ask him that during the date.

And I leave the school and walk towards home. During the walk I thought,'Why not call Lilly and see what she's doing and tell her about my "date" too?'

"Hey Lilly!", I greet her once she picks up the call.

"Hey!", she replies.

"How's your aunt? Did you give her the medicine?", I ask her.

Lilly doesn't have any parents. It's she and her aunt against the world. Her aunt takes care of her like her own child and it makes me happy to see both of them so close. They both love each other more than anything else.

"She did take her medicines. It looks like it was just a headache because of too much screen time. Next time I will hide the laptop and go the school. She always does this, doing completely opposite to what I say", she says huffing.

"Anyway, I called you to tell that I have a date today", I say. 

She screams from the other side of the phone and exclaims,"Really?! Whose he?! Wait! Is he from  any of our shared classes?! Woah! Are you on a date with Ryan?!", she says, excited like 3-year-old on the phone. I laugh at her antics and reply,"Yes, I'm going on a date and yes, he is from one of the shared class and it's Harry", I say casually.

"Harry?", she asks, although her voice suddenly dropping a few octaves.

"Yeah! You know him?", I ask her.

"Nope", she replies faster than light.

"OK....if you say so", I say not convinced at all.

"Hey, I have to go and check on my aunt so....bye....and hope the date goes well", Lilly says,  albeit there's some awkwardness to it. I too say good bye and end the call. 

'Whenever Harry is mentioned she acts weird and Harry too acts weird around her. Is something going on between them?', I wonder.

'No way. I'm just making things up in my useless mind', I finally conclude. I reach my home and go shower quickly and wear a tank top and some shorts, as it's only 4:01 I still have time.

I go down to the kitchen to see a plate of pancakes and a note.

Hey honeycakes,

I will be late so eat these and I don't want  even one to be left when I reach back home. If you're going out leave the key under the potted plant.

The note is from Mom. She must have one more night shift or something. I quickly take those pancakes and take a sit on the coach and I eat while watching the TV. After some time I look at the time and it's 4:25 now. I quickly get up and wash the dish, switch off the TV and go to my room to change my outfit.

I open my closet for a dress. 'I should clean it up soon or else it will become a mini Narnia here', I think.

Soon I find a suitable dress. It was a small summer dress with floral designs. I wear it and put my hair in a messy bun and wear my glasses as I don't have the patience to wear my contacts. Not much later, the door bell rings indicating that it must be Harry. I rush down and open the door to see Harry standing outside.

"Hey", I say.

"Hey, ready?", Harry asks, I nod my head and lock the doors and place the key under the potted plant as mom instructed.

We soon start walking toward the Cafe with him asking questions about me while I just answer monotonously. The question which is bugging me, finally leaves my mouth.

"Why is Ryan acting so much like a jealous boyfriend around me?", I ask.

"Uh....maybe he likes you..", he replies unsure what to say, or more precisely, how to say.

"But he is a playboy", I reply. Harry looks dissatisfied with my answer.

"He can change too", Harry argues

"Let's see", I say initiating the end of the topic.

As soon as we reach the Cafe, Harry smirks and slides his arm around my waist. I don't know why he is smirking but I don't like touching, so when I try to push him my eyes meet a pair of angry blue ones which were glaring at us from the inside of the Cafe.Harry removes his arm, but I doubt it's because he is scared.

"Proved", Harry replies with a victorious smile plastered on his face.