Chapter 6(Edited)

Ryan's POV

I had had a really bad day today. Nothing was going right since I had woken up.

To top it off, I had just found out my freaking mate! I still wanted to live my single life and didn't want to settle down so early. It is known for wolves to finish the mating process and start making a family when they find their mates. It sounds so absurd that it makes my ears hurt. But that's how it happens.

And my mate, my one and only, is a freaking human. Humans are weak and a werewolf who gets a human as their mate, either qualifies as a strong wolf or it is acknowledged that they are being punished by the moon Goddess. I may not be an Alpha yet, but I have already acquired many packs in my young age.

I am ruthless when it comes to taking new packs. I am one of the youngest most feared Alpha-to-be. I have kept my identity a secret from all humans in school and others whom I come in contact with. Even my past flings don't know what my real name is.

And now having a human mate just increased all my problems and worries. How am I going to tell her about me or my species? How will she react? Will she reject me?

If she does, I might not be able to become an Alpha and may lose my position to someone who definitely doesn't deserve it.

I am not even feeling anything special towards her. Yeah, I do find her attractive but I think it's just because of the mate bond.

Yeah! Definitely mate bond, nothing else.

So, I call Harry and ask where he is. He is my beta, more like a brother-from-another-mother and my best friend. He is always there when I need him. He too was a 'bad boy', like me and our families were very similar. A bad father and no mother.

"Hey, what are you doing?", I asked him as soon as he picked up.

"Umm...I'm kinda busy", Harry replied but he sounded a bit uncomfortable and strange.

"With what?", I ask.

"Umm....with...with fishing!", he replies uncertainly.

"But you don't even like fish", I point out.

"I do now! And bye!", he says in a haste and cuts the call.

Weird.

Having nothing to do, I go to the Cafe that my mom used to work at. My mom was a barista, but soon she became an entrepreneur and a strong Luna. Her parents, too, were from a strong pack so I have two packs to handle now. Which, of course, I combined into one so that it would be easier to handle.

The Cafe was lit up by dim lights and had sofas instead of chairs, giving off a cozy and welcoming vibe. The people who worked there knew me well.

I entered the Cafe and sat near the window so that I could observe the people going about their activities. I loved spending time with myself. I was more attached to my mom and never left her alone. I never really knew how lonely I was until she passed away due to poisoning. The people who poisoned her were killed with bare hands. With my bare hands.

I miss her. She was my everything, while my dad....I don't even want to talk about him.

As I was gazing outside, I caught sight of a familiar figure with a boy who looked familiar, too familiar. When they came nearer, I instantly recognized them.

Harry and Chloe!

What are they both doing together?! Why is his arm around her waist??! What the hell is going on?!!

Then I remembered my cryptic conversation with Harry. He noticed me with Chloe and wanted to know what was she to me, but I didn't want him to know so soon that she was my mate. So I hid it, but he is smart and found a great way to prove himself right.

Arrrgh!

Though I wanted to control my feelings, my wolf didn't and my eyes were blazing with anger. Harry lips formed a smirk, which told me every thing I needed to know. He soon removed his arm from her waist. Chloe, on the other hand, was totally bewildered. She looked absolutely gorgeous in the dress she was wearing, but I won't approve of it if she wears those kind of dresses for someone else. Her every thing screamed perfect to me.

I want her.

I need her.

I will have her.