Emptiness

Xaiver with slow steps approached the kneeling king. He hesitated, not sure whether to hug Gilgamesh or not. Was it okay for him to do something like that? Considering the fact that Gilgamesh hates humans, he probably wouldn't like Xaiver to touch him.

But despite all the doubts, Xaiver wrapped his arms around Gilgamesh, pulling him into a gentle embrace. Gilgamesh tensed at first, but then relaxed, leaning against him.

Xaiver couldn't help but think about Enkidu. He was such a great person, he protected Uruk, fought the bull of heaven, even though it meant losing his life.

Gilgamesh turned his face to Xaiver, he could feel his warm breath on his neck.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you."

Gilgamesh did not respond, he just stayed in Xaiver's arms for a while, until he finally pulled away.

"I have to leave now." The king declared, "I need to be alone."

Xaiver watched as Gilgamesh left, a sadness filled his heart, but he knew it would be better if he let the king be alone.

"Ruler." Merlin touched Xaiver's shoulder. "We shouldn't be in this water much longer, let's go into the castle and change our clothes."

Xaiver nodded and the four of them headed back to the castle.

...

Diarmuid's battle against Samhat did not last much longer, as the woman decided to retreat after Urash finally woke up, but the reason why Samhat left was another. She was in no condition to continue fighting, her body was already suffering from the use of dark magic, which caused her to lose a lot of mana and become an ordinary human. And since Ishtar ended what she had planned, Samhat had no reason to continue her fight against Diarmuid.

"Consider yourself lucky, for now." Samhat disappeared leaving black feathers behind.

Diarmuid didn't care, he didn't like the idea of killing women.

"I thought you died, Urash." Diarmuid extended his hand for Urash to take.

"No, I'm not that easy to kill." Urash took Diarmuid's hand and stood up. "Thank you for coming to save me."

"You're welcome, but we should leave this place, I'm pretty sure Uruk was damaged and I have a bad feeling that something bad happened."

"You're right, let's go."

...

The next morning the weather did not improve and the rain continued to fall. Gilgamesh was sitting on his throne, looking through some files, doing his best to keep himself busy so as not to think about yesterday's events.

The door to the throne room opened, revealing Merlin, followed by Xaiver. The young ruler looked sad, it seems like he couldn't get Enkidu out of his mind either.

"Dragon King, I know that right now you must be grieving the loss of someone very dear to you, but today I must leave for Camelot together with the ruler." Merlin announced.

"You may leave then." Gilgamesh answered without taking his eyes off the papers.

"Please, King Gilgamesh..." Xaiver walked towards Gilgamesh: "Can't you come with me? I think you will like Camelot."

Gilgamesh didn't respond, he just stayed in silence.

Before, Gilgamesh would never allow Xaiver to leave Uruk without him by his side, but now it seems like he doesn't care at all. Xaiver was worried, he didn't want to leave Gilgamesh alone. He knew that the king was in pain because of the death of Enkidu, but he felt that there was more than that.