Duties Of A Ruler

Gilgamesh realized that Xaiver was staring at him, making him wonder what he was thinking about.

"Do you have something to say?" Questioned Gilgamesh, wanting to know why Xaiver was staring at him.

He averted his gaze elsewhere, shaking his head. "Nothing important, can I know why you called me here?"

Gilgamesh crossed his arms, relaxing against the couch. "There are things I should explain to you before the ceremony, regarding the duties of a ruler."

A few minutes ago Xaiver wanted to know about those duties, but now he can't help but feel a little nervous and worried. What does it mean to be the dominion ruler?

"Okay, I'm listening." Xaiver replied calmly.

Gilgamesh uncrossed his arms, placing his hand on his lap. "First of all, the dominion ruler is the protector of the dragons, your duty is to protect Uruk and its citizens from any threat. Although Uruk is protected by a powerful wall that I created, we cannot rely on it completely since the gods can break through it if they wish."

He listened attentively, processing Gilgamesh's words. "Protect Uruk from any threat? How am I going to do that?"

Gilgamesh glanced at Xaiver, smirking mischievously. "With the power of the dominion ruler, of course."

Xaiver frowned, feeling confused. "Power? What are you talking about?"

The dragon expected Xaiver to question him, after all, he doesn't know anything about the dragon realm. "Every dominion ruler possesses great powers that allow them to protect Uruk and its citizens."

Xaiver looked at Gilgamesh skeptically, wondering if he's joking or not. "Sorry, but I don't have any kind of power, let alone protect an entire kingdom."

"Right now you don't, because the dragonheart crystal is still dormant, that's why you need me." Gilgamesh explained.

Xaiver was more confused, he doesn't understand anything Gilgamesh tells him. Dragonheart crystal? Dominion ruler powers? This sounds like a fantasy tale.

"Dragonheart crystal? Dominion ruler powers?" He repeated Gilgamesh's words.

The king sighed heavily, wondering if Xaiver is just playing dumb or he's really clueless about everything.

"Look dominion ruler, the dragonheart crystal is the stone embedded in your chest I told you before, it contains the dominion ruler powers. Once you activate the dragonheart crystal, you will acquire your powers and fulfill your duties as the dominion ruler." Gilgamesh explained patiently.

Xaiver lifted his hand, touching the spot where the dragonheart crystal is located. "So this stone holds the dominion ruler powers?"

The king nodded his head, confirming that the dragonheart crystal is indeed the source of Xaiver's powers. However, for those powers to awaken, Gilgamesh must provide Xaiver with some of his mana, and the quickest way to do this is by giving him his blood. But there is a problem, because the dominion ruler is a human, it might be dangerous for him to consume dragon blood.

Gilgamesh wondered if Xaiver's body can withstand his blood; Otherwise, he might die. There are other ways to give mana to Xaiver in small portions, but Gilgamesh is not willing to do those things because he does not want to have too much fiscal contact with the dominion ruler.

Xaiver lowered his hand, staring at the king seriously. "How can I awaken the dragonheart crystal?"

Gilgamesh stared at him, debating whether to tell him or not. "You must consume my blood."

He frowned, not believing Gilgamesh's words. "What?! Blood? Am I going to drink your blood?"

Gilgamesh confirmed that consuming his blood is indeed necessary. "Yes, consuming my blood will awaken the dragonheart crystal, however, you are just a weak human, someone like you would die immediately."