Alliance

Several hours later, they finally arrived at Gilgamesh's kingdom in the heart of the desert, finding the city protected by massive walls. In front of the main entrance there were dozens and hundreds of guards clad entirely in armor covered with red-painted metal scales. These soldiers wielded curved swords forged entirely from bronze and held shields covered with intricate designs depicting scenes from ancient mythology.

Merlin stopped the carriage a short distance from the city of Uruk, safe from attracting unnecessary attention.

"It seems that King Gilgamesh knew of our arrival, I don't think the gate is always so guarded." Lancelot watched curiously, pointing towards the heavily guarded main entrance to Uruk.

Gawain narrowed his eyes suspiciously and asked skeptically.

"Or maybe they were expecting someone else?"

Merlin stroked his chin thoughtfully for several moments before responding. "Anyway, we must meet Gilgamesh, he needs to hear what I have to say."

With that settled, Merlin urged the horses to advance slowly, approaching the city of Uruk carefully, avoiding attracting unwanted attention.

However, once they neared closer, the guards immediately spotted them noticing unknown visitors approaching quickly. Several soldiers charged aggressively, blocking Merlin's path, brandishing weapons menacingly. Merlin stopped abruptly, just a few meters completely separated him from the defenders of Uruk preventing entry, forcefully rejecting the entry of strangers without permission granted in advance.

Merlin stepped out of the carriage, calmly raising both hands, peacefully and willingly surrendering himself to their custody. Lancelot and Gawain did the same shortly after, imitating Merlin's actions precisely. Several guards approached cautiously, tightly surrounding the trio, instantly prepared to violently counterattack, should circumstances escalate unexpectedly.

"State your business, stranger, King Gilgamesh tolerates no intruders within his kingdom." The lead guard demanded firmly, holding the spear close to Merlin menacingly.

He took several steps forward, addressing calmly. "We come in peace good sirs, I am Merlin, Sorcerer Supreme of Camelot. I request an audience with your king Gilgamesh, there are important matters that require immediate attention."

The guards whispered among themselves quietly for several minutes, hotly debating whether or not Merlin poses a threat to Uruk.

They finally came to the conclusion of unanimously agreeing, escorting Merlin and his companions into the city of Uruk, respectfully granting permission. The soldiers led the three into the city, guiding them through streets packed with thousands of merchants selling exotic goods imported from distant lands.

Citizens strolled leisurely through Uruk, routinely going about their daily activities and performing various tasks necessary to maintain the stability of their prosperous nation.

Finally they arrived at King Gilgamesh's castle, which stands proudly in the center of the city, completely surrounded by guards who fiercely protected the royal residence. Inside, servants were constantly busy meticulously tending to all of King Gilgamesh's needs, fulfilling their responsibilities to faithfully serve their lord. 

Merlin, Lancelot, and Gawain were escorted further into the castle, guided directly to the throne room where King Gilgamesh currently resided sitting on the throne as he attended to important matters, Siduri at his side telling him what to do next. The guard entered the throne room alone, leaving the guests outside, because he must first speak to his king about the sudden human visitors.

He knelt down respectfully and reported obediently. "My Lord, the humans have requested an audience with you."

Gilgamesh raised his head slightly and narrowed his eyes. "I know, however, I don't have time to listen to them right now."