The Monarchy Ruler

Sitting in his throne, Arthur Pendragon surveyed the men and women standing before him. The crowd was a mixed lot, dressed in all manner of styles and colours; there were warriors in steel armour carrying long spears and great swords, robed sorcerers clutching rune-covered staves, farmers in rough woven tunics, and noblemen wearing velvet doublets with gold braid. All of them stood with their heads held high, gazing up at Arthur as if he were the most important person in the world.

"Today is a new day for Camelot," said Arthur, rising from his throne and striding down towards the crowd. "Today we put aside old hatreds, old grudges. Today we put aside differences to become one people, bound together by peace."

He reached the front of the crowd and raised his right hand into the air. "Merlin has returned from his long journey, bringing news about the monarchy ruler." He gestured and Merlin stepped forward from his place beside the throne. "As King, I must bring peace to our land, so the war between our human race and the dragons must come to an end."

Merlin raised his staff and pointed it at Arthur. "What I bring is not only good news, but also bad news, my king."

Arthur frowned. "Speak then, tell us what you know."

Arthur Pendragon has a destiny. To succeed, he must find the monarchy ruler, the being who will help him end the war between humans and dragons. And Merlin, a powerful wizard, has the answers King Arthur is looking for. He knows the location of the monarchy ruler, but there is a crucial problem. One involving the king of dragons, Gilgamesh.

"What did you just say!" Arthur exclaimed, his voice too loud for Merlin's liking.

The man cringed at Arthur's tone and rubbed his ears to ease the pain it caused.

"I said that the same young man is both the monarchy and the dominion ruler." Merlin repeated more quietly.

He had expected Arthur to be surprised by what he told him, but this reaction was more than he'd anticipated.

"How can that be possible? Two rulers in one person! It goes against everything we've ever learned about them!" Arthur shouted again.

Merlin flinched and sighed when the ringing in his ears didn't stop. "It is not my place to question their actions or explain how it is possible. All I know is that he is both rulers." Merlin paused when he remembered something else. "Oh, and he's also been in the dragon realm with King Gilgamesh for over a month."

Arthur stared at Merlin incredulously. "What?"

The wizard winced again and took a step away from Arthur. "Please, don't shout, my king. If you keep doing so, I'll lose my hearing permanently."

Arthur looked sheepish and apologized to Merlin. "Sorry, old friend. But this news is shocking. Tell me, who is this boy exactly?"

"I don't know about that, when I arrived he was already gone, it seems that King Gilgamesh was faster than you my king, perhaps he had the dream visions before you." Merlin replied.

Everyone in the crowd who expected good news were disappointed by Merlin's revelation. Arthur turned to face them and addressed them directly.

"My fellow citizens of Camelot, do not despair, although things have changed slightly from what we expected, the outcome is still the same. Our goal remains the same; to unite humanity and dragonkind under one banner, under one rule." He declared loudly.

The crowd cheered enthusiastically at Arthur's words, shouting praises and clapping wildly, he smiled broadly and waved to them. As the cheers died down, he spoke again.

"Now, Merlin, tell us everything you know about the boy." Arthur commanded.

The wizard nodded and began explaining everything he knew. "I don't have much information, but what I know is that his name is Xaiver. A young man with long black hair with some white streaks and ice blue eyes."