T H I R T Y T H R E E

Start from the beginning

Neicy was in the hospital with holes in her hand from when Dexter bit through it and locked down on her then when she tried running away he mauled her and chewed up her legs, arms, and anywhere else he could reach but her neck. When Jade and India heard her screaming they went to go get him. Jade said stop and he stopped. He wasn't out of control, he was a guard dog.

"He ever kill something?"

"Bugs. I got him from a shelter like three years ago and nobody wanted him because everybody lived in smaller apartments and he'd end up huge. He's not even aggressive."

"How big is he?" When the girl kept talking to him India found herself letting the drill bit sit on her natural nail until it burned her then gave a fake apology when the girl snatched her hand back.

"One eighty. Wanna go outside?" Jade asked as he walked out, seeing the dog rip past him and head for the front door.

India went back to what she was doing while time flew by. She was always focused while she worked so her phone that had been buzzing for no less than thirty minutes didn't catch her attention until she was in the the middle of reshaping.

"Hello?" India listened to Neicy ramble in tears with the phone in between her ear and her shoulder, buffing the nails while the client tried not to laugh at whoever was on the other end.

"India can you please come get me? I cant stay here no more he keep makin me come back and I don't wanna be here! Bro please!" She cried, sniffling as Zaire screamed at her on the other side of the door.

"What happened?"

"He's mad at me again and I'm scared!"

"No bitch tell her how you fucking other niggas! Ain't nobody touching you I want you to get the fuck out my shit!" Zaire said dryly, walking into his room when she stopped crying.

"Okay that don't give you a right to put your hands on me! And when I leave you gon make me stay so don't do all this just to push me around when I open the door."

"I kept trying to be with yo dumb hoe ass and you obviously don't wanna kept so go be for the streets. I don't want you, let's be clear. Get out my shit bro." He calmed down and knocked on the door.

Embarrassing. He fine as hell too. Girl shut up before the clown come reading minds and act an ass.

India wanted to be sympathetic but she just wasn't feeling it. The urge to comfort her wasn't there for some reason.

"I can't right now but I'm almost done with my client. If you give me twenty minutes I can come but if you need me to come get you now I'll send Jade because I'm busy."

"That's fine I just need to get outta here. I'll text you the address."

India nodded despite the girl not being able to see her and hung up, calling Jade's name loudly. He said what and she ignored it and waited for him to get up. She could hear him stomping loudly and just laughed.

"What? Damn it stink in here what the fuck?" He twisted his face up, the smell of monomer making him wanna choke.

"Pick up Neicy for me."

"Yeah I'll do that right before I drop by hel-"

"Jade I'm serious. She needs help and I can't go get her. Plus Eli needs to be picked up from school soon so you'll have to leave the house anyways."

"You giving me gas money when I get back. Text me the address and remind her to not talk to me." He walked in and looked down at the girls nails.

"I'm not giving you nothing. But I did good thought right? She finally let me do em long." India smiled, showing him the girls nails. They still had dust from filing on them but you could still see the shape and design.