E L E V E N

700 votes
4083 words

700 votes 4083 words

November 10th

Jade pulled his pants up and walked past the corner store right before his moms house as a group of boys stared. He was in the Bronx with a blue jacket on so they couldn't help but him give him a look. To him the shit didn't really matter because a nigga wouldn't take it off of him.

"Where you from?" One of them stopped him.

Instead of responding he just turned and gave him a confused look.

"What's your name kid, relax."

"Santana." He pulled his pants up slightly and began walking away again.

"Fuck you got going on nigga you don't know where you at?"

"Nah fuck you got going on? I know exactly where I'm at but I promise that shit don't mean nothing to me."

Nothing was more annoying than people with random gang animosity. Not saying he was walking around chilling with brim niggas but he definitely wasn't starting no shit. Nobody did anymore, it was lame and dumb. You already targeted by the police what's the point in targeting each other.

Jade heard the man start up again but another one beside him tapped his shoulder and shook his head.

"That's Santana, the Brooklyn nigga. Not on no pussy shit but back down bro it just ain't necessary or worth it." He said seriously, giving him a head nod.

Everybody knew who he was but it was rare for him to be spotted anywhere because he didn't stand on corners or hang on porches. A lot of people knew his name because of his father and then some of the shit he'd done when he was younger.

Jade was a lot calmer than he used to be. He was a hot head and a ruthless one at that.. he just didn't care. Girls and school were the things he cared about least because his dad was a big influence in his life.

"a bitch in a suit with a board and a bitch with nothing on and an ass will give you the same amount of shit, still gain nothing you couldn't have got on yo own.."

So he avoided them all together. Thinking back on it, it was bad advice and ghetto as fuck.

"Can't even visit my moms, black people get on my damn nerves." Jade mumbled before continuing his walk.

He liked to stay out of the way now. Up until he was 18 the street shit was fun, now it was just annoying. Still wasn't shit to body a nigga.