Looking away from me I flinch, realizing that I haven't checked on Aurelie ever since one in the morning. It is six going on seven in the morning!

I rush away from Cassian, and I go into my room. Flinching when I saw Darius holding her in his arms. Aesop right beside him as he looked at me with a smirk. Though I didn't care about him. All I was focused on was Darius holding her.

Her eyes were red orange again, and to see her look at him in such a way was precious. It made me smile when he looked at her, a grin on the edge of his lips.

"Who's the father?" Aesop asked me, mocking me as Darius didn't look at me.

"I..." I drift when Darius looks at me, though there was still dislike in his eyes...at least he didn't have hatred.

"Why do I feel like I have held her and seen her before?" He questioned me, and I took a deep breath. "I don't like you, but I know I have seen this baby before."

I walk to a box of tissues, wiping away the tears that built up in my eyes. How is this fair? To me?

Taking a deep breath again - which I've been doing a lot more lately, I walk towards Darius. Aesop narrowed his eyes at me when I stood in front of him, my hand resting on Aurelie's head.

"Where do you think you have seen her?"

"I'm not sure, that's why I need you to tell me so that I'm certain." He sneers, and that's when he frowns. We look down and see Aurelie was drinking his blood, causing him to pull his arm away a little. "I need you to clarify another thing."

"Anything...but without him here." I nod at Aesop, and Darius snorts.

Except he did look at Aesop and I saw that the guy wasn't planning on leaving. Though Darius grinned after him kindly and that hurt me. That did make Aesop leave, but he gave us a time limit of five minutes.

When it comes to Darius and me, we don't need a time limit.

Once we were alone, I grinned up at him. Making him look away from me and I nod at Aurelie.

"What word comes to your mind when you see her?" I question him, and he raises his eyebrows. As I wait, he just continued to stare. Beginning to chew his lip as I saw his eyes were red orange for her, which I thought was very fast.

Falling in love with your daughter before me...but I think it's cute. Quite lovely to see.

"Precious...my precious Aurelie." He murmurs, and I felt my face heat up. "That's what comes to mind. I don't know why...but I have a question to ask you."

I found myself falling on my knees before him, shaking my head. I press my hand to my heart, nodding at him slowly.

"You can ask me anything."

Darius crouched before me, looking me in the eyes. His eyes were back to being purple and that let me know he didn't have feelings for me...yet.

"Does she like elephants?" He asked curiously, and I smile brightly. Nodding as I rush to her elephant pillow. When he sees it his eyes enlarge and he rushes to it. Sitting on the bed - the exact spot he used to lay in - he gasps.

I could see him frown in confusion, and he looked up at me.

"Darius I have something to confess. Aurelie is your daughter - our daughter. Born on-."

"April 10, 2020. Yes, I know." He says, and I smile. He grins, but not at me as he looks at her. "I remember...faint, little things. You are there in the small things, but I can't understand the feelings I had for you."