fifteen

Castiel wasn't sure what song to expect when he got to the street that was his auditorium, but there was nothing for a few minutes. But he was willing to wait forever for his Songbird. Eventually the singing started, but it was softer than usual. A happy tone filtered through the words, which sounded so...precious. But the song didn't sound familiar, so he had Google the lyrics.

A love song...? Castiel raised a brow, feeling mixed emotions. He had no idea what emotions he was feeling, but it felt like something was twisting his stomach and setting him on fire. But he could ignore the feeling to listen to Songbird sing. Maybe the song was just stuck in his head and didn't mean anything? Castiel tried to simply focus on the singing.

The happy tone had more than just a joy of singing. A passion seemed to fill the words, as if the words could be related to. Songbird seemed to be pouring their soul into this song, more than usual. The performance was still loved and appreciated, as all future ones would be as well, but the twisted feeling never left Castiel's stomach. It moved into his heart slowly, but he could ignore it. Even if it felt like a knife in his chest.

Was this jealousy?