one

It was pure luck that prevented the teen's bike from crashing into a tree. The soft voice from the house in front of him grabbed his attention like a yell. But it wasn't at all a yell; it was a singing voice of a siren. It was so soft and gentle, with a luring effect on Castiel. He moved to a safer position to listen, head tilted curiously. Faded red hair flopped in front of his eyes, but he didn't need sight. He just needed to hear whoever was singing.

They had good taste. Blackbirds, sung with the same soothing pitches that the Beatles did all those years ago. Castiel couldn't help but wait until the final lyric was sung out to the world to hear, lingering a few seconds afterwards to see if another performance would occur. But none came, so he continued on his way home. He memorized the route that took him here.

Hopefully this mysterious singer would sing out their window daily. He could only pray that they'd continue to have good music taste...and that he'd figure out who they are soon. Otherwise it'd be a bit creepy to sit outside someone's window and wait for them to sing. Befriending them would be a less weird way to hear the voice again.

Under his breath, the leather jacket clad teenager hummed the song he just heard, a lopsided grin plastered on his face. Little things like this made staying around town and not ditching so much better. A small and sudden reminder that there's still good in the world.

Even if that good is just a human with an angelic voice.