twelve

Castiel was only slightly soaking wet when he finally got home, but wasn't about to take a shower and go to bed. He ran up to his room to grab some money and a hooded jacket. He had a plan of how to find his Songbird when the time felt right. He'd dye a sky blue streak in his hair and hope they could find him. So a long bike ride to the beauty shop in the rain didn't sound fun, but the teen barely even noticed.

He was just happy to have a secret method of saying "here I am!". Everything had a secret way of commutation; nicknames, the only texts and no calling...it all felt like a pen pal that wasn't half way across the world. It felt like it was almost fate, a destined friendship. Maybe the world wasn't complete horror and pain, and Songbird proved that.

His thoughts turned to Dean suddenly. He'd be with him for the rest of the school year, every morning, except for the sudden snow storms in April. It didn't sound that bad all things considered. Dean seemed like a good kid, and (so far) had good music taste. He had a soft sort of look, with the oversized sweatshirts and shy smile. It was like a teddy bear came to life as a teenage boy, and it was absolutely adorable. So far, Castiel liked the class and the partner he'd have.