nine

The silence was a bit long, but Castiel didn't mind. It felt nice to be in a quiet verse compared to that of the peers around them. Occasionally he'd crack a joke just to make the silence comfortable. His jokes were either met with the breathing laugh or a small chuckle. Castiel was glad to not have an eye roll meet his corny jokes for once. Dean seemed happy to not be bombarded with talking, looking comfortable.

Especially being in a huge sweatshirt that he was almost completely hidden under. This comfortable moment was broken by the teacher getting everyone's attention to pass out a syllabus and explain some extra rules. Castiel didn't listen, mostly because he took the chance to study Dean's features. He looked like if you took Rapunzel from Tangled, turned her into a Disney prince instead, and took that prince and make him into an actual human. Especially his eyes, which looked like small ponds, filled with wonder and so bright.

The homeroom bell rang and chatter started up again, much louder now. Castiel tried tuning them out, pulling his earbuds out. He looked at Dean, offering an earbud to him with a small smile. "I think Eye of the Tiger is gonna play if that's okay." He said softly, wondering if he could even he heard. Dean's eyes lit up even more and he seemed happy to accept the earbud, shifting closer to not let the wire stretch too much.

Castiel smiled warmly, pressing the play button and grinned at the familar beat of the predicted song. Dean's head nodded a bit to the beat, eyes closed blissfully. The punk grinned, tapping his fingers on his jeans to the beat, enjoying the song and the company with a love for the same song.