six

Castiel woke up to a rather loud alarm next to his face, making him almost fall out of bed in fear of whatever screaming demon was in front of his face. It was thankfully just an alarm for school and not a sharp toothed creature. Well, school was basically hell, so it wasn't that far off. He fell asleep holding his phone, thankfully still on the charger. Shutting off the alarm, he got out of bed and groggily tried to get dressed.

What if Songbird went to his school? Would they even recognize him? He tried not to think about it, grabbing a clean pair of jeans from the floor and looking for a shirt to wear. First day back after all, and all new classes. First impressions were to be made, even if they seemed pointless and useless. Though, the faded red hair was not that great looking. He needed to redye it, but maybe not red.

"Sorry if I'm waking you up, but what's your favorite color? I need inspiration for my hair."

Castiel tossed his phone carefully aside to get dressed, do his hair, and get the rest of himself ready. He was busy brushing his teeth when his phone buzzed, which sped up the process of brushing his teeth and grabbing his phone to see the response.

"actually thanks for waking me up, i coulda missed the bus if it werent for you! anyway, sky blue."

Castiel thought about it for a moment, wondering if that'd be a good color for him. Maybe it would work as a streak in his hair? Either way, sky blue seemed like a color that matched Songbird. It was soft and innocent color, with the promises of hope and joy. That was exactly all that person was to him; a spark of joy in a dull world.

He'd have to text back on the bus, grabbing the torn up bag that barely held anything in and rushing downstairs. Everyone else was asleep, but that wouldn't stop him from making all the noise from getting his shoes on and grabbing something to eat on the way out. Earbuds were of course in his bag, since he'd probably forget them if they weren't in there. And that would be a full blown disaster.

At least he didn't miss the bus, and his bike still at the random street he was dropped off at. Safe from any greedy child wanting a free bicycle, and away from anyone's eye. He'd have to make an effort to go listen to Songbird, but it'd be worth it. More time to procrastinate on homework anyway.

"I might have to try that if I can find a good color."