eight

The introduction activity was actually not that bad, just talk to the person you partnered up with. Get to know them, since they'd be the partner for any assignment. Castiel was fine with that, only hoping that the quiet boy he was paired with was as well. The teacher was going around and getting everyone's names. It'd be a while before she got to him, so he turned back to his partner.

"Hey. Um, people call me Cas, Castiel, or some sorta pun with my hair," the punk tried to lightly joke, pushing hair away from his eyes. The silent, breathing out of your nose sort of laugh at least met that, a smile twitching onto the other boy's lips. Castiel smiled a tiny bit and tried to remember who the other teen was, tilting his head to the side in thought.

"Dean and Castiel, right?" The teacher broke his derailing train of thoughts and answered the question that was silently asked. The boy nodded, and the teacher moved on. Castiel felt relieved now that he knew Dean's name. That saved the awkward question of "who are you" from the mini game show they were about to play. He tried to think of a question to ask, scrunching up his nose in thought.

"So...music, huh?" He finally spoke. Not the best introduction, a mental face palm to that. Dean raised a brow, looking amused and relieved at the same time. He did nod in response though, so at least the question wasn't hung in the air with an awkward setting.