31

*Lena* - a couple pov changes oops :))

I woke up with Amelia and her surgery immediately on my mind.

Almost as if she could read my mind, Stef says. "You're going to do beyond amazing today my love."

"It's like you could read my mind, thank you."

Stef got up and invited me in the shower with her and I gladly accepted.

We had a long day ahead of us. The surgery should only be about 5 hours with only little to no complications. I would drop the girls off at the hospital daycare and call the babysitter to watch Eli until one of us gets home.

I had about 30 extra minutes on my hand and since I didn't want to show up to work an hour and a half early, I quickly made some eggs, bacon, and toast for everyone.

"I could've cooked love, you need to focus." Stef comes in and makes herself some coffee.

"Yea Mommy you might burn the house down." Addie says laughing with Ivy.

Breakfast isn't really her thing to cook. She might actually burn the house down.

"Why do you need to stay focused Mama?" Ivy turns to me.

"Well do you guys remember your Auntie Amelia"?

They both nod.

"Well she has a brain tumor that I'm going to operate on today." I take a deep breath in accepting the fact that I'm operating on one of my closest friends.

"Wow, can we watch?" Addie asks. She loves coming in the gallery when she can.

"Umm, I'll check with one of my interns and see if you guys can watch for about 10 minutes, it's a long surgery."

Stef got up to get dressed and came back with Elliot on her hip, without her police belt on. I trust Stef with my entire body and soul but something about the way she carries him with her police belt just doesn't sit well with me.

I took him from her to give him a quick kiss before telling the girls to get dressed.

The babysitter texted me and told me that she would be here in the next 20 minutes so I made sure he had already eaten and gotten changed.

at the hospital

I stopped by the coffee cart to save some time only to be stopped by Meredith Grey, Amelia's sister in law.

"Good morning Meredith, how are you ." I smile.

"You're the one operating on my sister today, how are you? Good morning though Lena."

"Honestly, I'm nervous Mer. I haven't operated on a doctor here since way before I had my baby." I confess.

"I know that but you will do amazing."

about 20 minutes later

Before I came into Amelia's room, I saw another woman in the room with her. She seemed to be Hispanic with olive skin and wavy dark hair.

They were laughing and smiling so I assumed they were close.

"What do we have?" I ask after I finally walk in.

"Amelia Shepherd. Age 33 with Stage 2
meningioma and today Doctor Adams Foster will be preforming a Retro-Sigmoid craniotomy." One of the residents says.

"I know what's happening, you'll be cutting into this brain and I will make it out alive because I trust you Lena." Amelia says. "I hope you don't mind but, this is Doctor Callie Torres, a friend of mine."