1

*Lena*

"Stef have you thought about any parties?" I ask as I drive to school stopping at the donut shop.

"Nah, I might go with Mike."

"The player Mike?" I ask confused.

"He's not a player Lena." She says sighing.

"That's what everyone says until they date him." I say protesting.

"How would you know Len, you like girls." Stef says laughing.

"Yea but everyone knows that." I say going into the drive through. I get us a donut and latte's.

"Thank you babes." She says grabbing the bag from me.

"Your welcome." I say blushing. No matter how much I deny it I've always had a huge crush on my best friend Stef Foster. From the moment I realized I was gay in high school I knew it was all because of her.

"Earth to Lena." Stef says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yea. What did you say?" I stutter.

"You good love?" She asks rubbing my thigh.

"Yea." I say.

"Talk to me, the hell hole is like 3 minutes away and we're early so talk to me." Stef says as I pull into the parking lot.

"I'm fine, I just don't want you to get hurt I guess." I say looking out the window.

"Mike loves me and I love him, he won't hurt me." She says as I cringe at her words.

"I know, sorry." I say defeated.

"Don't be love, no boy can get in the middle of our friendship."

"Right, let's get back to the dorm." I say turning on the car.

Since the start of college a few months ago Stef and I have been doing everything together despite the fact we share a dorm I feel like I don't see her enough. We have a few classes throughout the day together but Mike takes her to lunch nowadays like I used to.

-Flashback-

"You ready to go?" I ask Stef.

"Actually I can't."

"Why? Are you ok?"

"I'm going to lunch with Mike."

"Again, really Stef this used to be our thing." I whine.

"You can go with us if you'd like." Stef suggested.

"And be the third wheel, I'll pass."

"Maybe Thursday." She says before grabbing her phone and walking out.

-Flashback ends-

The quality time I get with my Stef is in the mornings and at night. So many times in the middle of the night I want so desperately to cuddle up next to her like how we used to in high school. All the times she would kiss my forehead and hug me it felt as if she actually wanted me.

-Flashback-

"This is nice." I say looking at the stars. We're on top of Stef's roof listening to soft jazz music wrapped in a blanket.

"What is?" She asks.

"Laying here with my best friend looking at stars, it's kinda romantic."

"Romantic huh."

"Yes."

"Tell me love, what do you want for Christmas?" Stef asks.

"I don't know, probably to go see Amy." I said. Despite the fact she cheated on me numerous of times I still loved her.

"When are you gonna leave that bastard." Stef complains.

"When I find someone different." I say.

"Tell me, does this feel different." She whispers in my ear putting her hand on my upper thigh going higher and higher.

"Mhmm." I moan into her ear.

"Yea, you like that don't you." She says running her fingers over my white lace underwear.

"Stop teasing me Stef." I say running my fingers through her hair.

"Then leave her, she doesn't deserve such a wonderful woman like you."

"I will when I can." I say.

-Flashback Ends-

Stef was there for me when Amy cheated on me for the fourth and final time. She was my shoulder to cry on and I can't help but wonder how we drifted apart so much.

The clock read 8:32 and I was worried about where Stef was per usual.

"Honey I'm home." She says busting through the door.

"Welcome." I say nonchalantly.

"Ok, how was your day?" She asks sitting next to me. I scoot to the other side.

"It was fine how about you." I say looking at my phone.

"Len whats the matter?" She asks.

"I don't know Stef, just this morning you said we're not letting a boy get between our friendship yet here we are."

"Mike isn't."

"Yes he is, he's taking my best friend away from me day by day." I say feeling the tears fall.

"He's just taking me out to lunch and walks me to class, and then I sneak to his dorm at night."

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I say falling back onto the bed crying.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm slowly losing you." I say.

"Oh love, you won't." She says pulling me into her arms.

"I'm sorry for being an emotional wreck."

"Your fine." She says running her hand up and down my leg making me go insane inside.

"I need a girlfriend." I say really hoping it would be Stef.

"I'm sure anyone would want to date you, you're gorgeous." She says.

"You're not too bad yourself." I say as we both start laughing.

The nights like this were the ones that I loved. I could spend time with my bestfriend and not have to worry about anything or anybody else. Stef got in the shower and I wanted to badly to join her. I felt like a hormonal teenager anytime I was around her and it was making me crazy