2

*Stef*

When I got home that night I see that my best friend was crying because of my boyfriend. I never wanted it to come to this but at some point I'm going to have to chose between the two of them. I loved Mike and I loved Lena but sometimes your best friend comes before your lover.

Lena is about an inch and a half taller than me and she was this gorgeous brown curly hair. She was these brown eyes I could stare at for days and a smile that could light up an entire room. I am always wondering why Lena is still single, there are literally people lined up to date her but she doesn't want any of them, I'm not sure who she wants exactly.

When I got out of the shower Lena was getting clothes out of her dresser and I found myself staring at her body examining all of her curves. She was quite curvy and had a nice body which was another reason why I didn't know who she was single.

I put on a tank top and shorts and opened my laptop to start on my essay on American history.

"Stef have you seen my red plaid shirt?"

"You mean MY red plaid shirt?"

"Our red plaid shirt, where is it?"

"Check the closet."

Lena likes to wear my clothes a lot especially when it comes down to my plaid shirts. She looked way better in them than me.

Lena got into the shower and a part of me had dirty thoughts about what I would do to her if I could join her, but I'm not gay or at least I don't think I am. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head and continued typing. The word count was 1020 and I was at 900, I would have to ask Lena to help me with it when she got out of the shower.

"Stef! Wake up I need your help!" I hear and feel Lena shaking me. I opened my eyes to see her in a white rope and a towel wrapped around her wet hair.

"What? What happened."

"You fell asleep, now I need you to dry my hair."

"If you help me with my American history essay."

"Deal." She said handing me the blow dryer and I handed her my laptop. She pushed my bare legs over and sat in between them. I took down her tower and plugged up the blow dryer.

By herself it takes Lena almost an hour to dry her hair and that's when I come in and save the day. She made some comments about my essay but I couldn't hear her over the loudness of the blow dryer. I didn't want Lena to type the rest of the 120 words I just need an idea of something else to write about. Within 20 minutes I was done but Lena was typing away.

I started to massage her back and shoulders.

"Mhhhm, thanks for helping me."

"Thank you for helping me but you didn't have to finish it for me."

"Don't mention it, what time is it?"

"Uh 11:57."

"Oh it's late, we should go to sleep."

"Hell no, we don't go to our first class until 9 tomorrow let's stay up." I suggest.

"Well then you're buying me coffee tomorrow morning."

"Deal now lay on your back." I say.

"Why?"

"Love, just do it." I responded and she lays on her back.

She tensed up a bit and then relaxed.

"This is really nice after a long day."

"Yea I know, tell me how is it with the girl you said you liked?"

"Arizona?" She asked.

"Yea her, have you told her you like her?"

"No, I probably should soon though before it's too late."

Arizona was a girl Lena had kissed while playing spin the bottle at a party and soon caught feeling for. That was one of the reasons Lena doesn't party as much as she used to. Sometimes she would be the life of the party and all eyes were on her, other days she decided her studies were more important than frat parties.

"Mhm.. you're warm." I say laying down on Lena's back.

"Um what do you think you're doing?"

"Laying on my next pillow."

"Stef get off of me." Lena said laughing.

"Come over here and make me." I said smirking.

"I don't like being told what to do unless I'm in bed with someone."

I could feel my face turning red and I just smirked even more.

"Looks like we are both in bed are we not?"

"This is your last chance or I'm actually going to throw you off the bed."

"Don't you dare."

"You wanna bet?" I couldn't see her face but I could tell her eyebrow was raised.

"Do it, I dare you." I say holding onto the hem of Lena's shorts for dear life.

"Your hands are cold too, wow I'm actually throwing you off this bed."

"Yea sure-" Before I could finish I was on the floor on top of Lena with my hands over Lena's ass.

We both started laughing hysterically and kinda stayed there for a good 30 seconds.

Lean flipped herself onto her back and I saw that gorgeous smile again but then it soon faded as she took a glance at the clock.

"What is it?"

"It's been two years." She said low.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not now." She said getting up from the floor and into her bed.

What she meant by two years was two years since her sister died from a plane malfunction that ended in a crash. Her older sister Lisa, was her rock, they did everything together and Lena could talk to her about anything. I've only met her twice but she was a very happy person and I could tell she loved Lena very much.

Two years ago Lisa took a plane to Rome to visit her long distance girlfriend. The plane had some sort of issue and it ended up crashing killing almost everybody on it. It took a huge toll on the Adams family. Her mother never wanted her to take that plane ride but she did it anyways. Lena's parents argued a lot too and sometimes it got so bad Lena would call me to come spend the night at my house.

My mom was very supportive of everything and was kind of like Lena's other mother. I try to get Lena to go visit her sisters grave and make peace with her but she often changes the subject.

"Goodnight Lena." I whispered.

"Goodnight."