14

*Lena*

I started packing my things once Arizona texted me she was 5 minutes away. I really did enjoy being here but I wanted to be with someone else more. When she came in I was gonna tell her how I didn't feel good and I didn't want to get her sick.

When I heard the front door open I started to panic a bit. As bad as it sounds I started sticking my fingers down my throat hoping the throw up so it would be more believable that I was sick. I ran into the bathroom right when Arizona came in.

"Woah, are you ok? Why does it look like you're packing your things?" She asked pulling back my hair.

"This, I don't feel better and I don't wanna get anyone sick."

"They're doctors, they know how to not get sick."

"But it's me, not you. I don't feel good."

"That was so cliche, let's get you to bed." Arizona said laughing trying to pick me up.

"No! I said I'm leaving." I raised my voice, she let me go and my arm slammed loudly on the toilet seat.

"Girls, is everything alright?" Cailee asked.

"Yea, Lena was just about to leave." Arizona replied in a rather bitter tone.

I grabbed my phone, wallet, and bag not caring that I left half of my clothes and walked down the stairs. I didn't bother saying bye to her mom's because of the confusion it would cause. I didn't even say goodbye to Arizona.

Getting into my car "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John came on and I switched the station. Then "He Can Only Hold Her" by Amy Winehouse came on and I switched the station. Then "Believe" by Cher came on and I just decided to turn off the radio completely and just drive in the sound of my thoughts.

Was it wrong for me to leave Arizona like that? Technically I have the choice whether I want to leave or stay it's not like she can force me to stay right. I looked at the time and saw it was only 7:48.

Then I started to think about Stef. I wonder how she is going back to Mike's place. Last time she was there he tried to take advantage of her with his friends in the next room. Stef was too gorgeous to get hurt by someone as irrelevant as Michael. Sometimes Mike doesn't really want to be with Stef he just uses her for arm candy.

I called Lexie and put her on speaker.

"Lex, I think I just did something really bad."

"What did you do?" She asked after a bit of muffling.

"I just stormed out on Arizona because I faked being sick." I replied leaving an eighth of a second in between my words.

"Why did you fake being sick?"

"Because I miss Stef." I said low.

"You missed Stef while you were with your girlfriend?"

Was I really turning into this person? I feel like a betrayed Arizona so much, I completely forgot that it's her birthday and I didn't even say goodbye to her.

"Lena, are you still there?"

"I'm a terrible person." I breathed out.

"You're not a terrible person, you're in just in an unfortunate situation."

"And that situation is..."

"You like Stef."

"I do not, I like my girlfriend." I protested.

"Whatever you say, also Mark wanted me to invite you all to his end of the semester party, it's actually Sunday night."

We get off for a week after the first semester and each year someone hosts a party so this year it's gonna be Mark.

"Lexie, it's Friday you expect me to make up with Arizona by Sunday."

"The party can bring y'all together."

"I'm at home, I'll call you later."

"Bye."

I could take Stef unless she's going with Mike, but I also need to make up with Arizona so I better take her. I took out my keys to find the door unlocked and Stef laying on her bed. She looked lifeless. Locking the door, I took off my shoes and laid next to her on my back.

"I did something really bad, I faked being sick so when she tried to help me I yelled at her and I didn't say goodbye to anyone and it's also her birthday and I left half of my clothes over there, what's your problem?"

"He took advantage of me, he actually did this time, no matter how many times I told him to stop." Her voice was thin.

"Stef. If you said stop and he kept on first of all that's harassment, and second of all that's rape." I sat up immediately.

"Lena, it's fine." Her tone showed no emotion whatsoever.

"No, it's not fine, someone just raped my bestfriend."

She sat up and looked at me. "You see me? I'm perfectly fine."

"But inside you're not, I know you more than you think." I took her hands.

"What's on your arm?" She asked concerned seeing the bruise.

"When I yelled at Arizona I slammed my arm on the toilet seat."

"Why were you in the bathroom?"

"I went to the extreme with faking being sick."

"Did Lexie tell you about the party?" She asked sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Yea, I need to talk to Arizona tomorrow."

"Everything is gonna work out fine, I think I'm going to take Lexie because Mike said he's not going." Stef said putting her head on my shoulder.

"Oh, well if Arizona isn't ready to forgive me then me and you can go." I suggest.

"And have people think we are a couple even more? I'd rather not." She laughed.

When she meant she'd rather not did she mean she didn't wanna go with me in general or it's because people think we go out?