Chapter 8- The Day Continues

Začít od začátku

"So, how has your first day been s-so far?" She asked.

"Alright. Math seems like it's gonna be rough this year, and I'm not sure that I like my bio teacher too much..."

"What? You don't like Jiraiya-sensei?" Naruto exclaimed, appalled. The girls just shuddered.

"No..."

"Ya, noooo."

"I don't think so...."

"No. Definitely not."

"Hmph." Naruto looked back down to his ramen, seemingly defeated.

Sakura tried to start up a conversation with Sasuke, but he didn't seem to be receiving it well.

"So, how has your day been so far, Sasuke?"

"Hn."

"So..... good?"

"Hn."

I grimaced. Jeez, I guess we have two stony ones in the group.

Shikamaru seemed to be half asleep, Neji was still stiff, and Naruto seemed to be the only one engaged in conversation. He was talking enthusiastically about ramen to a very red-in-the-face Hinata.

I decided to try and crack open one of the ice boxes.

"So Neji. Tell me about yourself."

"Like, what."

"Oh I don't know..." I said while twirling my fork in the air. "What do you do like, for fun?"

"I read sometimes."

"Oh well that's not super fun..."

And with that, the bell rang, and I was off to history with Hinata, Sakura, Ino, and Naruto.

-one hour later-

"Finally!" I exclaimed as I walked out of the classroom. "A completely normal class with no weird or creepy teachers and no impossible lessons. I can get on board with that!"

Hinata smiled. "Ya, Kurenai-sensei is a really good teacher, and she's very nice too."

Sakura let out a scary laugh. "Haha. You just wait... We have P.E. with Gai-sensei next..."

I gulped at her somewhat ominous warning.

---------

"ALRIGHT CLASS!" Yelled a tall man with bushy eyebrows and a green spandex suit. "DO TEN WARM UP LAPS AROUND THE GYM, AND LET THE FLAMING POWER OF YOUTH PROPELLLL YOU!" We were now all in our white and green P.E. uniforms, in a circle around the coach.

"YES. GAI-SENSEI!" Exclaimed a literal carbon-copy of the coach. He saluted Gai-sensei and immediately began. Several people snickered.

"Who's that?" I asked Sakura as we both started our laps.

"Oh, that's Lee. He tried to go out with me freshman year..." She shuddered at this. "But he's nice though, just kind of, enthusiastic."

The ten laps went by a lot quicker than I expected, and soon we were circling Gai again.

"ALRIGHT CLASS!" He yelled.

"We're right here sensei!" Said one of the kids in the back.

"MY APOLOGIES. I WILL QUIET MY VOICE."

It got no quieter.

"TODAY YOU WILL BE PLAYING DODGE BALL! BOYS, TRAVEL TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE GYM, AND GIRLS TO THE RIGHT."

I got slightly pumped at this statement. I love dodge ball. It is one of my many talents. On top of that, I was hyped to kick some guys' asses. Particularly one stony white-eyed boy.

It didn't seem like the girls' side had an extremely high willingness to participate. However, Ino, Sakura, and I (Hinata didn't take P.E. with us), made a pact with each other.

"Okay guys, whoever gets Naruto, Sasuke, or Neji wins 10 bucks from the other two." Ino offered. (Shikamaru was also not in our P.E. class).

Sakura and I immediately agreed. Each of us had sneaky grins on our faces, determined to win.

"FWEEEEEEEETTTT."

And with that, the game began.

I immediately picked up a ball, and the stony white-eyed boy did the same. I didn't dare take my eyes off of him.

I am going to hit you so hard.....

I felt a thud on my face.

Dammit....

"Hey! Face shots don't count!" I yelled back to Neji as I rubbed the red mark on my cheek. He simply shrugged.

Ok you jerk, I'm gonna hit you where it hurts now.

I wound up, and aimed the ball, and then I felt the wind knock out of me.

"Ooffffffff"

I didn't even see it coming. I thought as I keeled over and clutched my stomach. I walked over to the bleachers with the other losers.

Damn that mother******* piece of **** I could just ******* up in your *********************** (The list goes on).

He just smirked.

I proceeded to spectate as my friends played. Ino got out shortly after me, and Sakura won the bet when she got Naruto out.

"Hey, Naruto! Hinata naked!"

"Huh, what???? Owwwwwww."

That's about the point when Sakura hit him in the side, but the loud proclamation of pain actually came because Neji punched him in the stomach for turning at the idea of his cousin naked.

"HEY! NO FRIENDLY FIRE!" Guy-sensei yelled. Everyone else just laughed at the scene.

Ino and I applauded Sakura's win as she curtsied, although we were a little disappointed about our loss of $10 each.

Sakura soon joined us on the bleachers though, muttering to herself and clenching her fists. "That cold hearted son of a..." (She got out to Sasuke, who eventually won the whole game for the guys team).

Ino rubbed Sakura's back in condolence. "It's okay Sakura, maybe one day you'll get to hit him in the ass instead of the other way around..."

Ino earned a slap for that comment.