I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE WHEN YOU WALKED IN

I woke up on the ground, in a very awkward position.

I either had survived the fall, or Willowed and come back to life.

Willowed.

I like that.

I smiled because I’d invented a new word for coming back from the dead.

Well, it looks like I’ve got to rewrite the bible.

Jesus Willowed.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I sat up before letting out a scream.

It appeared that I’d fallen onto a giant shard of glass, and sitting up had cut the side of my stomach open.

I couldn’t feel it though; it was like it was numb.

Wow. Okay. I don’t really know what to think.

I sat there for a period of time. It could have been minutes or hours, I wasn’t entirely sure. But I was thinking.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and I realised that all of the order probably thought I was dead. I hope they’re all okay. I hope they know I love them. I hope that if I die today, it is in their place.

I blacked out.

I woke up in a room, but it wasn’t any old room. It was my old bedroom/torture chamber/thing.

“Well this is awfully nostalgic.” I said to the air as I stood slowly. My head was all swirly and the wound in my side was still there, but it had been wrapped in bandages like Muggles do. It was as though the people here didn’t want me dead, but wanted to torture me.

I took small steps and my breathing was sharp and painful as I walked around the room. There were large things in the corner that weren’t there six years ago. I made my way over to the room before letting out a piercing scream.

They were bodies.

Random bodies and among them was Moody.

I felt tears sting my eyes, but I wasn’t going to let myself cry.

I knew I could easily apparate my way out of this place, but I probably had that bullshit trace thing for underage wizards. I knew if I apparated back to the burrow, that they’d end up blaming the underage magic on Harry and then everything would be screwed.

So, I’ve got to pull myself together and be strong.

I need to keep him safe at all costs.

Even if I’m the cost.

I took a shuddering breath and blinked back tears as I planted a kiss on Alastor Moody’s forehead. I hoped with all of my heart that the others were okay, that they were alive...

I knew they wouldn’t miss me too much; maybe they’d even be excited with the peace and quiet.

I heard the door open and my heart stopped, which was probably not a bad thing because it might subdue the bleeding in my side.

“Come here.” Said a voice, but my head was still a little weird and I couldn’t tell who it was. I crossed the room slowly and obediently before I could actually focus on his face.

“Snape.” I whispered, and I felt like crying and screaming and kicking and murdering, but I knew I couldn’t do any of these things. I was defenceless and injured and I couldn’t do anything at all.