Last upload for a while because trials are here.

“Willow!” Shouted Professor MG’s voice from behind me. I turned around and looked her in the face.

“What?”

“Why are all these little kids here?”

“They want to fight.”

“That’s ludicrous.”

“Oi, Lady.” Jane said, stepping forward. “Put it this way – our whole fucking lives we were nothing. We were worthless. Then a girl took us in, and made us a family- showed us love. And then this girl –“ She pointed at me. “Came along and gave us a purpose. We had a mission. To fight. To fight against people like our parents who’d fucked us over. We have a purpose. We have a mission. We mean something. And I don’t care if you think it’s ludicrous that we’re fighting. Because we are going to fight. And even if we lose, it won’t matter. Because we tried. And our attempt would inspire more. And more. And more. And people across the globe would rebel. And we would win.” Jane looked her dead in the face. “We will fight. We will stand. We will not have lived our lives in vain. We have a purpose. We have a mission. And you’re not going to stop us.”

Jane’s ‘Family’ so to speak, were cheering, while MG and I were gobsmacked.

“Okay.” McGonagall said blankly, and she walked away.

Did she just get bettered by and eight year old?

Yes, yes she did.

Someone’s digital watch beeped as it turned into midnight, and as though there was a stampede, hundreds of feet were running straight toward the castle. Death Eaters.

As the first few approached, I saw them explode into flames.

Aha, my purple spell.

Within about 30 seconds though, they’d broken my protection thing.

Fighting broke out immediately.

“Expelliarmus!”

“Avada –“

“Stupify!”

Voices were shouting around me, in my head, my own voice was shouting. Curses were flying. Everything was flying. Commotion. Everything and everyone was happening at once. I saw bodies falling down like dominoes, on both sides.

“NO!” I shouted, and my wand seemed to realize that I wanted to knock out all death eaters within a ten meter radius.

We had a few moments to spare.

“Fallback!” I called to the group. “Retreat to the castle.”

I looked around when no one replied, and saw only about twenty people running inside at my orders. Ten of the older girls shook their heads and told me no. It was the twenty girls laying motionless on the ground that made my heart stop.

“Jane.” I whispered, stroking her cheek. She seemed cold. It had only been a few minutes. Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh god what have I done.

“Willow, get the fuck inside and help out in there before the next lot come.” Madeline said to me.

“Find Ruby.” Elana shouted.

I told the girls inside to find higher ground and attack from there, and then I searched for Ruby. I ran up a few flights of stairs. Before I figured it out. Sixth floor, McGonagall’s dormitory. I bolted the whole way there, sending curses at anyone who needed a hand.

“Ruby?” I pushed the door open, and she was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. “Ruby, we need your help.”

“I can’t do it. It’s pointless.” She didn’t look at me. “It’ll always end up the same. We lose. They say good triumphs, but we’ll lose. We always do.”