I want to punch myself in the face with a bullet

To be honest I wanted HRH’s story to suck balls. But it was interesting. Like. They did all this weird arse shit.

They infiltrated the ministry of magic. They’d destroyed some ‘things’ (code for horcruxes, but they didn’t want to promote that idea to everyone. Yeah). They’d visited Godric’s Hollow. They’d been separated and reunited. They’d fought Nagini. They’d seen Mr. Lovegood. They were kidnapped into Malfoy Manor - and were tortured. (“Ahh, smells like my childhood.” I sighed.) They’d impersonated Bellatrix and broken into Gringotts. Where they stole a dragon. And now they were here.

“Wait, how did you escape Malfoy Manor though?” Neville asked. “Like, you had Luna, but you never said how.”

The trio looked at each other sadly.

“There was a very high price to pay.” Harry mumbled.

“What?” I asked anxiously.

“We – we were rescued by Dobby, but he...he didn’t.”

My eyes suddenly turned into waterfalls.

“No.” I whispered.

Harry reached out and grabbed my hand.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Not Dobby. No.”

“He was a hero.” Ron looked me straight in the eye. “He died a hero.”

“He was always a hero.” I smiled sadly up at him. “Fucking Dobby. The sweetheart. Always trying to do the right thing.” I looked at Harry. “Was he happy? Did he seem happy?”

“He asked about you.” Harry told me. “In the end, he asked if you were safe – I said yes. To give him peace, you know.” He reached over and brushed the tears off my face. “He was happy then.”

“Anyway, Will,” Hermione asked after a while. “What have you been doing?”

“Oh, you know. I came straight here, pretty much –“

“But they said you left in like August, you didn’t get here until, at least December.” Neville said.

Everyone looked at me.

“What aren’t you saying?” Hermione asked me.

“I told you, I lost those memories –“

“Don’t be a shit Will, Ginny and I figured out that you’d gotten your memories back.” Neville raised his eyebrows at me.

“You’ve been pretty reckless ever since.” Seamus added.

“Will?” Harry asked apprehensively.

“Okay, well, it’s stupid really.” I said, trying to conjure up a lie. “It’s pathetic. I hid in Australia. I was hiding under the persona of ‘Eliza Fknuckle’ and I was a cashier.”

“Really?”arrharry Harry asked.

“Yeah.”

“Did you meet Hugh Jackman?” Ron asked, eyes wide.

“Huh?”

“He’s my muggle man-crush.” Ron smiled. “And he’s Australian.”

“No. I didn’t meet him.”

“Aww,” Ron looked deeply crushed. Hermione looked deeply amused. Everyone else looked confused.

“But Will, what else did you –“

I couldn’t think of a response so I flashed her my ring.

“What.” The trio said.

“Yeah, Ron, uh, George, yeah.”