Coincidences

Note to self: do not knock in the door of a random castle.

Note to self: stop ignoring your own advice

Note to self: oh shit oh shit I knocked on the door.

The door in question was wrong. It was designed to look old, but it was new. It made me wonder how old the grey mossy castle was.

I suddenly felt terrified so I apparated away, without thinking of where I was going.

Note to self: stop doing that.

I appeared in the grounds surrounding Grimmauld place and was like ‘Holy shit, death eaters.’ But they didn’t see me so I hid in a bush and listened to them...My brain may or may not have altered the conversation to make it more interesting.

“Snape is the new headmaster of Hogwarts.” One of them said. “What a dick, I want to be a headmaster.”

“You’d be a head MISTRESS, you git. But I honestly don’t know how he can trust Snape.”

 “Asshole, don’t call me a git. Snape is just a wanker. I’m also pissed that the Carrows got to go in as teachers and like, torture the kids. It’s totally unfair. I want to torture kids.”

“Don’t call me an Asshole you titwank. And hey, the Carrows have been kind of faithful I guess, even though their names are stupid. I thought Amycus was the chick because it has ‘Amy’ in it, but apparently not. It was an awkward meeting for me. That Dark Lord bloke that we support thought it was funny. Especially when Amycus punched me in the face.”

“You’re such a fuckweasel. And yeah, their names are stupid! I’m only supporting the darkest of all dark lords because he offers wicked health insurance.”

 My mind started to get weird so I apparated away (again.) and ended up back in front of the castle.

And I realised that someone had opened the door.

"Oh sweetheart, come inside, you're safe here, okay?" said a girl a few years older than myself, she put her hand on my shoulder and guided me inside.

The room she’d led me into was rather bright and felt a lot warmer than one would expect from a castle. Then again, the door was new, so this room could also be new. There was an electric fireplace on the opposite wall and a few tiny girls (When I say tiny, I mean it. They were like miniature humans) were huddled around it. The ground was carpeted in a coffee colour and the walls were painted a dark caramel. There were various photos on the walls of different girls, with – I presumed – their names carved on the bottom of their frames. There were three doors leading off into different directions, these doors weren’t unlike the front door with their wrongness.

"What is this place?!" l said cautiously, looking around.

"It's a place for us to be safe, and free. It’s my invention and many’s salvation." The girl smiled dramatically, showing off a set of dazzling white teeth. Her strawberry-blonde hair danced around her face, and I noticed that her front fringe was slightly crooked.

"You've said that a lot haven't you?"

"Well darling, you have to admit it sounds pretty darn awesome." the girl grinned at me. She paused in her walk and her smile and a slightly bemused expression crossed her face. “What are you running from?” she asked me. I frowned and turned away. How did she know?

“It’s complicated.”

“Tell me in three words.”

I knew, for whatever reason, that I had to tell her.
“Myself. Fate. Endings.”