"Spying on me? " Karim whispered to her.

She screamed and almost dropped her phone. When did he get into the room?

"Oh my God! You scared me!" She tried to calm down.

So maybe she was a little curious but he shouldn't have snuck up on her like that.

"You were so caught red handed. You were searching me up, weren't you?" Karim chuckled.

"No! I wasn't! I was just browsing through YouTube and they suggested this that's how I ended up here."

"'All you need to know about The Crown Prince Karim?'" Karim eyed her weirdly. That was the topic of the video.

"You could have asked me. I would have told you. Some stuff online are pretty much lies." Karim sat down on the chair by her bed.

She was deteriorating. She was losing weight and looked frail. Karim felt his heart constrict. He had never seen anyone look this way before. It hurt him so much that the only thing he could do was pay for her hospital bills and surgery. He wanted to take away all her pain. See her smile again. Like old times.

"I didn't want to intrude. Or seem nosey. I'm sorry." Amira looked away from him.

"It's not a problem. It's a public forum. You are allowed to watch anything." Karim shrugged.

"Why didn't you come with Samia?" Amira wondered.

"She's a baby. I'm just 20 going 21. I'm not sure I'm the best person to be looking after her at the moment. I will be with her soon though."

"You... You are going back?"

"Not now. But I will. Eventually."

"Oh."

"You don't want me to go?"

"I figure you were staying as long as your dad."

"No. I'm just on a vacation to get my mind straight after Shamsiya."

"And are you over her death yet?"

"...N-no. But it is better." Karim hadn't talked about it to anyone.

"So that means you will be going sooner rather than later." Amira looked at the window. She couldn't bear to look at him.

Karim would go back soon. Not now. But as soon as he was over with Z he would. And maybe he wouldn't go back alone.

"You don't want me to go?"

She didn't answer.

"Amira? You don't want me to go?" Karim asked her again.

"Amira?"

"Oh God! Karim are you that dumb! I don't want you to go! I lost you once when we were just kids and I'm obviously going to lose you again." She frowned.

"You want me to stay?" He looked at her intently.

"I can't tell you to do that. Your whole family... your whole life is there."

"You want to go with me?" Karim knew what he was saying. He didn't know why he was saying it but he was.

"What!" Amira's eyes widened.
"Go back with you? I don't even know the UAE. I'm originally from Lebanon. I have no family there. What would I do there..."

"You'd go with me. By me." Karim looked at her expression carefully.

She just looked at him weirdly.

"We just met Karim. I can't just follow a non-mehram to a foreign country. First of all I'm not done with my surgeries and chemo." Amira's eyes became watery.