Perhaps it is that resentment or something more that pushes me to say - "No, I cannot and will not go with you. I have a life here, I have friends and I have university which starts back on Monday."

"I know all that. Your grandmother told me and she also told me about the man you have been keeping company, Carina. That man is not a good man - he is not the kind of man I want you with. Come with me to Mexico. There, you will start your life afresh - away from him and the mess you have made of your life here in Italy."

"No, dad. I do not want to leave." I say before I start to walk away.

"All for a man, Carina? A man that does not even want you? A man you stole from someone else? If it's the money you desire, I have plenty of it. All you have to do is come with me."

"It is not about the money, it is about you, dad!" I turn and scream at him. "You abandoned me for most of my childhood and now you think you can just waltz into my life and play the fucking hero? No way. I am better off on my own!"

I start stomping away when I remember one last thing and turn back again. "Oh and by the way, I know you were fucking Natalia behind my back!

And because of you, mom is dead! I will never forgive you for any of that and I hope you rot in hell!"

I start walking off; determined to get away from him this time.

Unfortunately, before I can even go far, I am pulled back. A cloth is placed over my nose and mouth.

I try to fight but the more I fight the drowsier I get and in no time, everything goes black.

...

"...those Italian scums could not kill me even in their wildest dreams!" is the first thing I hear as the world comes into focus again.

It takes me a moment to realize that I am on a private jet. I sit up in my seat, a throbbing headache spinning the world around me.

I try to move my hands to my head but I quickly realize that I am cuffed to the seat. "Fucking bastard."

"Ah, you're awake." Dad notes, his smile menacing. "Care for some coffee?"

"Fuck you!" I scream at him, not giving a damn about him or any of his friends or guards.

His face drops in anger before he sends out a warning. "That attitude will get you nowhere, Carina. The best you can do for yourself is behave."

I do not listen as I continue pulling at the chains, kicking and screaming. I do that for a while until it gets frustrating.

Tears start coming out of my eyes and this time I do not stop them. How could a night that was supposed to be perfect go this horribly wrong?

My crying gets worse by the minute, making dad turn to me with a frown.

"Stop crying. I hate seeing my little girl cry. Maybe this will cheer you up," Dad says, before he changes the channel on TV to a newscasting.

I look away but the voice of the reporter makes its way to my ears.

"Candle Williams, a 27 year old American lawyer, has died in a car crash, along with Natalia Romanoff, a former Russian ballerina. More details in this report..."

That is when my eyes dart to the screen. A gasp leaves my lips as I look at the damage that presents itself on the television screen.

The car is smashed to an almost unrecognizable state. And the road? Do not even get me started on the road. Blood, guts and glass are splattered all over the road.

I cannot help the whimper that escapes my lips. Even though I hated them and they hated me, they did not deserve such a horrendous death.

"Friends and family mourn at their passing..." the reporter says, before a clip of Salvatore flashes across the screen. My heart tugs in my chest.

"Mr LaGuardia! Mr LaGuardia!" the paparazzi scream after him. "We understand that Candle was your fiancee at a time! Can you say a few words!"

"Candle..." Salvatore begins - at a loss of words. It hurts my heart to see him so... powerless. I wish I could just hold him.

"Candle... Candle was my first love and she continues to be that for me even in her passing..." he takes a deep breath before he continues.

"It is hard to believe that she is gone and it is even harder to picture my life without her."

The clip on TV switches back to the newscaster. I am about to turn my attention away but the newscaster says something of interest.

" ...the funeral is set to take place in the United States of America."

The United States borders Mexico and Salvatore will without a doubt attend the funeral. I sit up before I attempt to sound normal - "I want to attend the funeral. I want to make sure Candle is dead."

...

Hi guys! I hope you liked the chapter. If you did, remember to make that star orange, leave a comment and share!

Bye.