Chapter 18

*HARRYS POV*

Finally we were home. After the most intense time spent at the grocery store. I swear the grocery store was like drugs to the boys, upon entering the premises, they went butt crazy.

Louis jumped out of the car and out to me but I ignored him and walked away. I know they all noticed my bad mood, but I really couldn't be bothered at the time. When I finally got upstairs and into my room, I collapsed onto the bed and sighed. I grabbed the horrid papers and looked straight at them, the words getting tattooed onto my brain. I had to talk to Daina. I had to know. Why hadn't she told us? Did she not trust us enough?

I hid the papers under my pillow when I heard noises outside my room.

"Have any fun?" Niall asked in his thick irish accent. I heardrd a giggle and my heart swelled at the sound. The sound of her laughter could turn my world.

"Yep, you boys are insane" Daina's voice flooded my ears.

"Get your stuff and then let's head downstairs for the movie" Niall replied.

"You go ahead, I'll be right there." She finished and then it was all silent. All quiet, except for the sound of my heart thumping in my chest.

Why didn't she trust us enough?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*DIANAS POV*

I fell asleep listening to the rain outside, falling on my window. I always hated the rain, but one thing I loved was sitting warmly in my house, listening to the sound of rain outside, outside in a different world from where I was. I woke up in the middle of the night to see my alarm glowing with the time sprawled across its screen. 4:36 am.

Yay, now I wouldnt fall back asleep and I'd be tired the whole day. I had to start doing something with my life. Living here in the home of these 5 boys and doing absolutely nothing, was starting to get to me. I needed to go to university. The place I'd been dreaming of forever. I needed to live life how I used to, busy, organized and responsible. I needed friends, who weren't international superstars. Friends who I'd rely on to get me a huge tub of ice  cream and a pack of movies to watch when I got my heart broken. Friends who'd go to the hospital with me when it was time. Not that these boys wouldn't do all that, but they were One Direction. They didn't have time for all this. Me and my problems.

I had to tell someone. Zoey. Uncle John. Someone. It wasn't that I didn't trust the boys... it was just that I had just met them a couple of months ago. I know they cared for me, and I did for them, but this just wasn't their problem.

I walked downstairs, knowing I had nothing else to do. I hadnt realized how dry my throat had gotten thinking about everything so I headed to the kitchen for some water. I gulped down two glasses of water when Harry walked in. Though the lighting in the kitchen was dim I could tell his cheeks were tear stained. When he looked up, his eyes were red and bloodshot.

"H-harry..." I said. He slowly walked towards me, and wrapped his arms aroun my waist and pulled me in for a hug. Instantly, I felt the connection, like he knew what I was going through. That's when I knew... I knew he was the one I could tell.

"I have to tell you something" I said, barely above a whisper. He leaned back to look at me, tears threating to spill from his eyes again.

"I know, Daina."

My heart stopped. Did he mean he knew I had something to tell him or did he mean... he knew...

The way he said it.. so sincerely... it was obvious he knew. Harry knows I have cancer. The papers popped into my mind and the story unfolded. He was the one who took them. I wanted to say something but without me realizing, Harry leaned in slowly and softly pressed his lips against mine. Firework sparks erupted through my body and I felt safe, comforted, loved, wanted, carefree. All the pains in my life disappeared. Everything. Was. Going. To. Be. Okay

But much too soon he pulled away. He stared at me for an eternity before he gave me a sad smile. I loved his smile. I loved it. It gave me a sliver of hope. He was going to fix this. He was somehow going to make this okay for me.  He rested his forehead against mine and we both shut our eyes, just resting in the comfort of each other. We stayed like that for a long while. He didn't move and neither did I. I never wanted to move.