Chapter 12

*DAINAS POV*

"Look whos finally up! Good morning sleepyhead!" Uncle John says to me as i walk by the noisy living room and into the kitchen . My pjs are stuck to my skin and my hair is probably a bigger mess then a storm but somehow I just don't seem to care. 

"Was I expected to be somewhere?" I ask curiously with an eyebrow raise. He laughs and shakes his head as he walks over to give me a shoulder squeeze.

"GOOD MORNING DAI..." a voice screams extremely loud as it enters the kitchen. I turn to see Louis, Niall, Zayn and Harry all walk in, instantly stopping dead in their tracks as their eyes reach me.

"Ugh, I was too lazy to fix myself. Stop staring!" I groan. This morning I could hardly get myself to open my eyes, what did they expect from me. In an instant, they burst out laughing and take a seat across from me at the kitchen island.

"Daina, your doctors results came in the mail. I thought you'd like to see them on your own so I didnt let any of these nosy asses open the mail." Uncle John said as he pointed to the stupid grins on the boys' faces.

"You wanted to look at my mail? I asked more confused than mad. The four boys nodded in unison, without even looking fazed by the question. Weird boys... weird habits...

"You see, its our thing. We open everyones mail. Private or not private... thats the fun." Harry gave me a cheeky grin. The asshole knew exactly how cute he was and he sure knew how to use that to his advantage. I gave him a small laugh and shook my head.

"That doesn't bug you?" Niall asked, looking up from his phone.

"No, not really." I admitted honestly.

"B-but you're a... girl..."

"Yeah so?" I raised my eyebrow at him. He looked taken aback for a second, giving me a confused look. "Well I mean, it doesn't bug me because it's not like I have anything to hide. To be honest, I probably get the most boring mail in the world anyways. It's mostly just bills... and if you guys want my bills... I wouldn't mind that so much." Earning a chuckle from the boys, I got up from my seat and threw Niall a wink before turning to leave.

"I'm going to go upstairs." I grab my mail from the kitchen slab and walk up the stairs quickly and back into my messy room. Messy room, messy life... time to fix that. As my first order of business,  I take my hair out of its ponytail and run my hairbrush through the tangles. I walk into the bathroom and rinse my face before drying it off with one of the many silk towels placed in the cabinet. Walking back into my room, I take the doctors results in my hand and jump onto my bed. Opening this mail isn't even necessary considering it was just a regular checkup, one I get often. I know the results will always be the same, yet every time, my mom and I would open them just for peace of mind.

I rip open the package and take the sheets out messily, causing them to scatter around my bed. I pick up the first one in front of me and begin reading. The first word that catches my eye is "Sorry" and from there on, it just seems to get worse. I stare at the text infront of me not believeing a word on that damned piece of paper. I search around the paper to try and find the name this is addressed to. This can't be mine. Whoever this is for, I feel sorry for them. The poor person is going to be going through hell and I will make sure to pray for them every night. Throwing the piece of paper in my hand back on the bed, I lift up another one from the pile and see it is the introduction page of the package. Finally. I can find out who this belongs to and send it back to the hospital with a letter explaining the situation. Scanning the sheet of paper, my eyes land on what I was looking for. The words appear to be fuzzy and I am unable to comprehend what it is that I am looking at. Or maybe it was just the nervousness kicking in. I squeeze my eyes shut and then slowly reopen them. Once their open and my eyes are on the white sheet of paper, only one word seems to stand out from a page of blurry words.

Daina Jackson.