Chapter 6

*HARRYS POV*

"No! That’s mine, get your own!" Niall complained as Louis tried to grab one of the pancakes stacked on Niall’s plate. I chuckled, shaking my head at the scene that was a regular for us.

"What are you laughing about?" Liam asked me with raised eyebrows and a smile on his face.

I shook my head and looked at Zayn who was too busy fixing his hair as he looked at his reflection in his fork. Sometimes I thought these guys overdid their assigned personalities but I loved them for that.

"Liam, pass the syrup." I asked smiling sweetly at him. I had no intention of getting up, walking all the way across the kitchen, grabbing the syrup and then coming back.

"Lazy bum." Liam muttered and walked towards the syrup bottle. He grabbed it and opened it before turning towards me

"What are you..." I started to ask but Liam pointed the syrup towards me and then it hit be like a truck- what he was about to do.

"Oh no! Don;t you..." I started again but was stopped when Liam squeezed the body of the bottle and sprayed syrup all over me. 

"No my hair" I exclaimed trying to protect my hair with my arms. Syrup in my curls was not the best hair product option.

Suddenly someone shrieked behind me and we all turned to see Daina standing in the kitchen doorway with syrup all over her cheeks.

"Daina, there you are! Just in time!" Louis exclaimed and ran to hug her and was soon joined by Zayn. She stood there awkwardly while they sandwiched her into a hug.

When they let go of her, she walked up to me with an awkward smile on her face. I smiled back and was about to hug her when she lifted her finger and touched my cheek. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her with wide eyes. I wasn’t sure what she was doing until she lifted her finger and put it in her mouth. She winked and I realized there was syrup all over my cheek.

"Ugh, the syrups turned sour now." She joked and all the boys burst out laughing.

"OOOH HARRY!" Liam laughed and I just gave her a sarcastic smile. That was… “cute”. I smirked and let it go but nonetheless Daina kept smiling all throughout breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daina? You wanted to talk to me?" Uncle John entered the living room where I was watching something random on TV, I didn’t even care about.

"Um yeah..." I said and gestured for him to take a seat next to me. He did and I sucked in a breath.

"I think we need to discuss what I’m going to do now." I said worriedly. He smiled at me as if he knew it was coming.

"Yeah I think we do. I want you to know that I think you should continue with the plans you already had. Your mother mentioned something about going to music school in New York." He said.

I opened my mouth and it stayed like that for a while. "How- When did she tell you?"

"Your mother used to email me once in a while you know." He chuckled.

"But… Uncle John, do you know how expensive that school is. I can’t afford it with the money I’ve saved up." I said looking down. This was the time I regretted not saving my allowances and spending it on shopping for new clothes and shoes.

"Daina! Honey, who said you had to pay. I’m your guardian now and that’s my responsibility." He exclaimed, grabbing my arm. I looked up at him in shock and confusion. I mean,  I was happy he was ready to do that for me but I couldn’t ask him for something that big.