Chapter 40 // last but not least

ABIGAIL'S POV:

Home is just a few miles down the road. Alice, Chai and Avery are waiting for us to return. I'm so excited to see them all.

***

"Welcome home chummy!" Alice says running and giving us a hug as we step in through the door.

"Avery has been great, not a problem whatsoever!" Chai says bringing our sleepy little girl over to us.

"Thank you so much!" Joe says taking Avery and snuggling her.

"It's been a pleasure!" Alice says. "We'd better get back, it's getting late and we haven't had tea yet."

"Ok, call us if you need anything!" I say and they put on there shoes and coat. Saying their goodbyes they leave us. "Do you want a cuppa?" I ask joe. His eyes are lost in the cuteness of Avery's deep sleep.

"Please." He says, but his eyes don't leave Avery. I smile at them for a moment, then bring my phone out from my pocket and snap a picture. Joe doesn't notice.

"That's one for the album!" I say and then head into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

***

After I had put Avery down to bed, I head into the bedroom to find Joe sat waiting for me. He stands up when he sees me come in.

"You know I love you, right!" He says grabbing my hand.

"Yes of course!" I say squeezing his hand.

"Good! And I want you to know, that as unfortunate as it is, you've got me forever." He grabs my other hand and squeezing them tight. "Don't ever forget that!" Then he kisses me.

A/N:

So that is the end 😟 I know! Sad right?! But I was thinking of doing a sequel?! Comment if you want me to!

I've entered the watty awards so please help me by voting for all my chapters, I really hope I win 😁❤️

Thank you so much for reading, this is not the end of Jobigail! 😊❤️❤️