Seventy-Five

NOVEMBER 23RD 2017
THANKSGIVING

JANINE§

Janine stares at the large trees that stood proudly behind The Smith's Residence. It seemed so peaceful, after twenty odd-some years, those same trees that Janine would stare at back then,were still here. Janine couldn't help but to smile, as she heard the patio door behind her close. She smelled the cherry blossom perfume and turns around to her daughter, Joelle.

Since Joelle showed them her surprise, everyone else was catching up with Donald and made a few conversations as Janine went to the bathroom and soon enough went outside, to recollect her thoughts.

Too many obstacles was going on, she had Dalvin who was giving her his full eye contact. He was trying his hardest to talk to her, Dean with the Alex situation, Joelle who was trying her very hardest to fix the complex situation between her and her Father.

She was glad that Joelle was so close to Donald as a father figure. For awhile she thought that it had seized since Janine and Donald were no longer speaking. She was sadly mistaken. Janine looks back to the trees as her daughter smiled beside her, who was not phased by none of the awkward tension.

"So? How has your visit been since you been here?" Joe asks and Janine chuckles under her breath. It was fun, she was enjoying the countryside. She was fine with being around loved ones and eating only vegetables.

Janine shrugs and opens her arms as Joelle engages into the hug, squeezing her mama to death. She was still a momma's girl in heart. Janine coughs as Joelle chuckles and elbows her Mama, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah...no. You think you slick too. Bringing Donald in here as a "sUrPriSe". You drugged him and threw him in that Jeep didn't you?" She jokingly asks, Joelle purses her lips as she slightly laughs at her mother.

"Actually... he came to make it right with you." Janine's head whips to her for a quick second to look at her. The devil is a damn lie. Janine didn't come to Thanksgiving dinner to talk about old shit.

"JoJo.... why you doing this?" She asks, crossing her arms giving Joelle the side eye. Joelle begins to pout, dropping her bottom lip out her mouth. She just wanted to help, plus the both of them wanted to speak to each other, they just needed a push.

"Because whether you wanna say it or not, you miss him. And he misses you. Whether it's being friends or... you know." Janine sighs and begins to put her attention somewhere else. She did miss her friendship in him, but it was so many underlining issues they had to get together and confront before they could further it.

She side eyes her daughter once more, noticing the pleading gleam in her eye. She sighs and nods yes, watching Joelle jump up and down. Too old for this but okay.

The patio door opens to Will, who announcing it was time to eat. Janine sighs, hoping that this dinner be remembered for other things than her problems. She wipes her sweaty hands on her jeans and trots
in behind her daughter who continues to smile ear to ear. Janine glances around the table, Ms.Mary starting from the left side to Mr. DeGrate, John-John, Aalexis, Dean, Justin,Dyana, DaLaurie, Dalvin, Joelle, Davie, Kaycee,Willow, Demetri, Jaden, Romeo Jr, Jackie, Will, and the last remaining seat... which was between Ms.Mary and Donald at the end of the right side of the table. Her lips purse to the side at the set up.