2

Flashback                 February, 20th, 1990

Flashback February, 20th, 1990

"Your Honor she's been doing well... she hasn't been in any fights. She's going through a program to get her GED and she's even mentored little behavioral girls as well." Janine's court given lawyer enunciates as she struts around the courtroom.

Janine's eyes were fixated on the shiny wood floors. She moves her hands around, in pain from the tight cuffs that pierced her skin. The smell of peppermint and stained wood was something she hadn't smell since she had been in the Juvenile Center. She cracks her neck internally wishing they would go ahead and grant her a few more months in the juvenile center.

The Judge took off her glasses u hurriedly, glancing at Janine with observing eyes. Janine hadn't perked up from the floor the entire trial and she didn't understand what to say. When she had first been charged she had so much to say now it was like she had turned into a completely different person.

The Judge sighs and clears her throat.

"Ms. Stansfield, can you stand up?" The Guards moves towards her to stand her up noticing that her feet were still cuffed. Janine peeks up, straightening her posture.

"I declare that Ms.Janine Stansfield can be released from the Juvenile Delinquent Center with eighty hours of community service, six months of probation. I hope you have understood your lesson, Janine." The Judge sternly advises as Janine's mouth drop, a little surprised. Janine's Lawyer smiles before caressing the hysterical Janine.

End Of Flashback

CHAPTER TWO
"WHEN ONE GETS REVISITS INTO THEIR OLD WOUNDS"
JUNE 9TH 1990

CHAPTER TWO"WHEN ONE GETS REVISITS INTO THEIR OLD WOUNDS"JUNE 9TH 1990

⸱៰ ͘ ࣭⸰ 𖥔 JANINE "NI" STANSFIELD   ͘

Janine stood in her house slippers on the back unpainted wood porch in the early hours of dawn analyzing the essence around her. It had been so long since she remembered North Carolina at it's finest that she didn't even know what to do first.