7

CHAPTER SEVEN
"WHILE STILL MAD, ONE STILL FORGIVES."
5 DAYS LATER- JUNE 17TH 1990

Janine sat in the first church pew looking up to the Pastor as he recited his chosen bible scripture for Sunday

Janine sat in the first church pew looking up to the Pastor as he recited his chosen bible scripture for Sunday. The attention from the DeGrate Boy's was completely on her seeing as that she had vanished off the face of the earth to them.

Derek was honestly the only one she had a conversation with. She saw him in the grocery store earlier in the week and couldn't hide from him. Not because she was mad at Dalvin because what happened wasn't his fault. He'd done nothing wrong. But in fear of charges being pressed on her. She decided she'd steer away from him.

She kept herself in the house for a few days to get herself together and also directions from her sister and brother who seemed like they were little worried about her.She had been looking for a job, seeing that she said she was going to look for one when college came around she changed her mind and agreed to get one now.To keep her out the house and to keep her out of trouble.
The only person who had appeared at her house was Joel who lived down the street.

Her nerves in her fingers had her with a slight tremble as she shifts the delicate page in the Bible. Hoping no one noticed, she glances up and Jackie turns to her looking at her hand and grabbing it to keep her nerves together. Since the emotional talk, they were doing better on communicating and telling each other when they just didn't have it that day. Starting with who needed it the most.

Janine.

Jackie made sure to check on her when she was held captive in the room staring at the ceiling.

She blew out mini breaths to calm herself down as she looks up to see Pastor DeGrate starting at her.

Like he knew something...

She watches him look back at the Bible as she looks back down at the book as well, hoping it was just a coincidence. Maybe he knew that she beat someone up last week and that she needed the prayer. Maybe Dalvin snitched on her.

" Let's read Psalm 32:8 " The Church began to turn pages as Pastor DeGrate motions at her to come up. She points at her for clarification as he nods. She stands in her dark green dress, as she stands slowly and walks slowly up the steps, ignoring Donald's mean grimace.

She lifts her head up and turns as she stands above the congregation at the podium. Everyone's eyes shifted at hers and she began to feel like she was being crucified.

"Sister Stansfield is gonna' read this for us this Sunday." Pastor DeGrate voice seeps throughout the church walls as Janine clears her throat getting her nerves together. She looks down and let out a silent breath again.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. " Her southern accent spurts through her lips and people started to instruct her to say it again and began to clap. Her face began to brighten and she nods and went back to sit down.