Thirty-Two

INFERNO
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
OCTOBER, 12TH,1993

"Cause I love your smile""Do-do-do-do-do-do-do""Do-do-do-do-do-do-do""Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do"I love your smile"Do-do-do-do-do-do-do""Do-do-do-do-do-do-do""Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do"

"Do-do-do-do-do-do-do"
"Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do"
I love your smile
"Do-do-do-do-do-do-do"
"Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do"

I sung to Joelle who was showing teeth to me. I smiled at her back and danced in front of her. Tomorrow is her last day as well as our last day here in California. The guys were at the studio as well as Mary so I was here with JoJo and...Johnathan.

"Look at you, JoJo." She turned to the side and I turned as well to Johnathan who was dancing in her direction. I didn't expect her to laugh so I slid to the side and let him entertain her.

"You're really 24 out here, I remember when I tried to push your bed out the hospital room. Momma tore my ass up." He chuckled and I stared at him with a straight face sipping my water.

"Janine I'm sorry alright, maybe leaving at that time wasn't the right decision but I couldn't just stay there and not do nothing with my life. Plus Aaliyah was going all the way back to Michigan. Plus look at you and Jackie." I chuckled and set the water back on the table.

"Jackie and I aren't close, her depression really drove us apart. Seeing her like that really fucked with me. Taking care of her and Romeo Jr, while trying to get over my addiction was hard. Especially because believe it or not Jackie didn't want my help she wanted yours. You seen that when she flipped out about you leaving. Getting snatched out that house ruined everything. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't of told us if Mrs.DeGrate didn't say something." I vented like Phil told me. Johnathan nodded his head instead of saying anything.

"I was gonna' tell you guys. Don't you see why I did it? And aren't you doing the same thing? Left ya' boyfriend and ya daughter back to be swapping spit with Donald? I left because if I didn't I'd be in jail."

He really must've been smoking crack up in Detroit..

"What are you talking about? Garfield and I haven't been together in months. And Mrs.DeGrate asked me to come up here. Step into North Carolina after leaving for two years and think you know everything." I spat picking up my daughter and walking into the hallway to go to the living room.

"What Garfield gotta' lie for?"

"What do I have to lie for? Garfield manipulates people. You think Garfield got your back more than I do? Really? Garfield is using you to get to me Johnathan! You that gullible?" I questioned and he scoffed.

"You got my back? It doesn't seem like Ni' . You or Jackie. It just seem like you guys holding me leaving above my head. I went through my own things up in Detroit, cut me some slack." I sighed and nodded.