Eight.

INFERNO-CHAPTER EIGHT
August 5th , 1993

I don't have to be the only oneBut we can still have funTill the rising sunAs long as you with meBaby don't diss meAnd we can get busyI know you have a lot to doBut can I get a second or twoSo when you get with meI can spin you around and we can g...

But we can still have fun
Till the rising sun
As long as you with me
Baby don't diss me
And we can get busy
I know you have a lot to do
But can I get a second or two
So when you get with me
I can spin you around and we can get busy

"JoJo sing that last verse again." De spoke and I nodded looking back to the lyrics.

DeVante had been on our asses all day, between writing songs, doing background vocals and making sure we've did every part to his satisfaction. I'm believing that he's hard on us because of Dalvin. He hasn't asked about Janine nor has he even tried to talk to Dalvin.

I thought honestly he would've tried to talk to her but I understand if he has that much of an attitude to forget about that. After finishing the last verse because my voice went "flat" . I went to sit down beside the quiet Cedric that hadn't really said anything to anyone since he did some background vocals.

Probably tired from either Mary or some more of them groupies he got floating around the Big Apple.

"You good?" I nudged him and he nodded looking over to a smiling Dalvin who was talking to Timbaland about the way he was about to flow on the song.

That's all Dalvin been since the other day. Smiling until he couldn't smile no more.

"Dalvin what you smoking?" K-Ci questioned getting a few laughs from Static & Tim. I looked at my beeper to Janine and got up.

"I'll be back." I stepped out the door and pulled out my phone to call her.

"It's JoJo honey." She mocked me and I went from a smile to mug in a instant.

"I thought you would've said DeVante Sexy." I heard her snort.

Yeah I went there.

"So fucking funny Joel, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Speak Janine, before De come out here." This was not the time for him to hear her voice.

"Dalvin wants me to come to New York...and I am." I wided my eyes like she could see me but honestly I was surprised. But it also was too soon.

I don't know if she knew or not but her coming around this time would be bad for De, I don't think he actually believes Janine is actually alive. Could be in denial.Or was Dalvin bringing Janine up for him.