thirty-one, narrative !

NO IDEA !

NO IDEA !

dejah always had break downs

dejah always had break downs. she was always sad for some odd reason even when everything could be going right. she would lock herself up in her room, blast her music and cry herself to sleep, hoping for some type of relief away from reality. but in this case, she felt like she couldn't. she felt like she had to prove she was strong enough to get through what she was going through without the help of others.

so when her mom picked her and kianna up from the airport, she unintentionally pushed her mom away who was sobbing, throwing a smile on her face and repeating that she was fine and everything was perfect.

her mom spoke in tongues the whole way home, her words jumbled in frustration and it was no one's fault but the systems. they failed her as a mother and now it was court dates and signing papers all over again.

"i just want to relax mama," dejah reassured her mom that she would be okay and she would explain it all once it died down and she processed it all herself. "me and kirby can order take out and then go to sleep and i'll tell it all tomorrow,"

and that's exactly what happened.

the girls ate pizza up in her room, dejah talking about mattia and the boys to distract her from everything that had been going on, but it didn't last long until kianna had to pick up the broken pieces as best she could, holding her best friend while she cried in her arms.

"good morning," dejah yawned, hugging her mom from behind

"good morning," dejah yawned, hugging her mom from behind. she rubbed her swollen eyes, wincing at the pain, but she'll get used to it.

there were three cups of warm coffee on the table, kirby already reaching for her own.

"mornin' baby,"

she noticed a plate of toast layered in jelly so she picked up a piece, sat down and slid the lightest cup of coffee towards her way.

"so are you going to say whay happened or do we have to wait longer?" kianna was impatient and had been since she seen the marks at the food place.

her mom didn't intervene, feeling the exact same way.

dejah sighed.

"well we had went to some get together slash party thingy. lots of loud people and kids and just people i didn't really know and i was uncomfortable and ready to go since no one was really interested in getting to talk to me and know me,"

"i went to go tell my dad i was ready and walked in on him and some lady. it upset me that he was drinking too so i kind of tested him i guess-" she shrugged, "i gave him attitude just because he was supposed to be fixing things, not making it worse and next thing you know when we got to the house, he's choking the hell out of me and i just blacked out,"

dejah's mom had to brace herself and even then, it didn't work, her eyes watering. but it was okay because her child was home and everything was going to go right. "mattia has been worried about you. esmeralda gave him my number and we been chatting ever since,"

she sighed. "everyone is going to know what happened, i just hate having to repeat myself so many times," she didn't want to talk about it, but her boyfriend and her new best friends deserved to know just as much.

"and you don't have to," her mom made that clear. "if you feel obliagted to, then i encourage you to, but don't feel like you have to force it,"

"i know," dejah gave her a little half smile. "is it okay if they come over?"

"you know it is," her mom smiled. "new years is right around the corner,"

"yeah," kianna scoffed, "what a way to start the new year," she rolled her eyes, biting into a piece of toast.

dejah chuckled, shaking her head.

she had all these plans that never got done, but thank god she wasn't in florida anymore and hopefully she didn't have to go back anytime soon.