seven, narrative !

NO IDEA

NO IDEA.

"bruh," dejah bent over, hands on her knees as she panted

"bruh," dejah bent over, hands on her knees as she panted. she was the first of few to finish the mile and a half in twelve minutes. conditioning was going to kick her ass and she knew it.

"i don't see how you're tired," coach laughed. she was dark skinned, long legs, box braids down to her back. "as skinny minnie as you are," she gave dejah her flask.

dejah smirked, "i'm thick with three c's baby," she gave her own butt a lil' tap. "what's next?" she pulled at her tank top, letting the breeze get through.

"we got some leg work outs and then the weight room for an hour," coach explained. more girls soon came in, sweating and panting as well. "come on girls! last stretch!"

dejah blew a huge breath, still drained. her eyes scanned the field. they were using the football field because the softball field was being regated and painted as well.

during lunch, dejah didn't sit with the boys. she sat by herself in her third period doing homework. mattia blew her phone up, asking where she was until he told her he was coming to watch her practice.

seeing him no where, she felt relief.

"hey bitch," dejah jumped, eyes turning to meet esmeralda. she was unphased by the six laps, her floppy bun swinging as she got near.

"hey baby," esmeralda was honestly one of the few she could fully stand. she was a senior and decided to try out just to say she did something during high school. she was very bold and that's how dejah knew she wanted to get with alejandro.

"any updates with my man?" she smiled, knowing damn well nothing was going to happen.

"no," dejah rolled her eyes as she laughed. "i haven't seen him today but i got you tonight," she promised.

"good," she sighed. "i'm tired of being single," esmeralda was still sixteen, her birthday falling in late december. either way, alejandro wouldn't care cause esmeralda was cute and had good morals despite her quick attitude.

"felt that,"

"i thought you were fucking with mattia," esmeralda knew because dejah slipped up and let her be nosy all through her messages. "don't tell me he fucked you over,"

"something like that," dejah shrugged it off, "but i think we need to work on being friends anyway cause my heart can only take so much and him being on and off with his ex ain't it for me,"

esmeralda pouted, "but i liked y'all together," she rubbed dejah's back. "i don't know why i'm doing this. but know i'm here for you,"

the girls shared a laugh. "ladies!" coach's voice was broad, "let's go! this isn't time for gossip!" she warned them.

"my arms feel like noodles," the girls were beat

"my arms feel like noodles," the girls were beat. dejah's twist out was so poofy from the workout, she had to throw it up in a quick bun. esmeralda still looked decent, just her wild baby hairs and blotched skin.

"alright girls," coach got their attention. "the locker room is open. same time tomorrow and if you guys need anymore information, ask dejah,"

and with that, they were all released to get their things. dejah and esmeralda made their way to the locker room, exchanging nunbers since all they had were social medias.

"i'ma call you later on. let me know wassup with mattia," she gave dejah a quick hug. she had her duffle bag and backpack. the same thing everyone here basically had including dejah.

"yes ma'am," dejah smiled.

as soon as they exited the locker room, dejah noticed mattia walking alongside one of his friends from the soccer team. just to her luck, they locked eyes. she tried to make a b-line, but he was already jogging towards her.

"hey dejah," his smile was genuine. and that pissed dejah off.

"hey friend," she smiled back anyway. "i thought you we're coming to watch me practice," she teased him.

"i was-" his face dropped, "me and jenna broke up when she found out i was texting you and basically begged me to stay and i realized i couldn't do it and had a hu-"

"tia!" she cut hus rambling off. "i don't need to know your business with that girl," she chuckled. "i also can't say i'm sorry y'all broke up cause' i'm not..but i'm here even though i'm mad at you,"

"so does that mean we can chill again," he was coming closer to her but dejah instantly stopped him with her hand.

"no," she laughed in his face. "we aren't cool right now mattia, but we can get to that point once you decide what you want," she felt her phone vibrate in her hand. "i gotta go," and she walked away, leaving him feeling some type of way.