Bad News

Authors note: Hiii!! This is my third book and I want to thank everybody who has read my other books. I hope you enjoy!! :)
Make sure to vote and follow me and ill follow you back.Make sure to comment!!
Enjoy!! :)

Julep's pov

We stared at each other. Both of our faces red and tear stained. My lungs hurt from the crying. I feel as if my butt was glued to this chair. Not that it was uncomfortable.  When the door of the police station opened my head snapped to the side and a small part of me expected to see my parents, But I knew it wouldn't be them. They were dead. Even thinking those words hurt.

"Ok. I know you probably don't want to talk about a new living enviorment, but we found your aunt. She has no problem with letting you live with her. She might even adopt you." The dark skinned detective held no friendly expression whatsoever.

Even though I loved my aunt to death, I only found out my parents were killed in a car accident about an hour ago and they want to dump me off with some Her?

I looked up at Hailey, my sister. Her face was so pained. She tried to hide it but failed. She is only 12 years old. I'm all she has left besides our aunt.

I decide to speak up. "We'll think about it." Surprisingly my voice sounded normal.

"Well this is you-," the dark skinned lady began.

"I said we will think about it," I snapped.

The detective looked at me and gave a slight sympathetic smile before turning around and walking out the door.

Haily and I sat in silence for a couple minutes.

"Haily?" She didn't budge.

I called to her again, then again. She looked up at me.

"We're going. I know you don't want to, but we have to. They are gonna sell our house. We can go pack and move in with Karen."

She nodded and I stood up. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. We walked out of the small office and went to the front desk. I felt like I was walking on glass. My feet were asleep and every step sent sharp pinches through them. Haily was having a difficult time too but barely showed it.

"Have you girls decided yet?" The detective approached us.

I looked down at Haily. She was just staring straight ahead. I sighed,"Yep, were gonna go."

"Ok well your aunt lives in Washington and were gonna fly you out tomorrow. You can go home and pack and then say goodbye to your friends tomorrow." I wanted to laugh. Friends? I didn't have any of those.

She walked away after I nodded. "We are going to be ok, Haily." She pulled away from me and walked to a water fountain without a word. The detective came back and said, "There is a car ready to pick you up and take you to the house to pack."

I walked over to Haily and grabbed her hand. We started out into the Freezing cold night Air. I shivered a little. A man in a uniform waved us over and we walked towards him. I took a seat in the toasty,warm car. A new set of shivers were set off releasing the cold from my body.

The ride was quiet. Haily was staring out the window, completely silent. When we pulled to the house I stepped out of the car slowly. The last time I was at my house, my parents were with me. I watched Haily step out of the car. She didn't even pause, she just walked straight to the door and inside.

"I'll wait for you girls to pack and then we'll go to a hotel." The officer smiled. I nodded and started foward.

The house was strangly cold inside. It was different. It wasn't the same fun loving cozy house. It was dead and dark. I went up stairs and packed fast. I took all my clothes,my beddding, everything from my bathroom,and my phone. I had about 3 suitacases. I ran down stairs in a hurry to get out of this house. I nearly ran outside and put my stuff on the ground.

I saw Haily walking toward the car and I watched as she carefully got in. She looked unfazed. She held no emotion. The police officer was putting her luggage in the trunk so I picked up all my bags and headed for the car. Once everything was in the trunk, we made our way to the hotel.