This time, I was complete shocked and a feeling of dread slithered in me. There was no way I'm going to agree. That's that. 

"Well?" She said with one of her stupid eyebrow raised at me.

Here goes. "Ma'am, I don't know what to say." I  began, raising a hand to my heart. "Surely I am not even near to your standards and expectations. There must be other students who have the intention to do much better than me."

"Really? And who must that be, Eden?" She slumped back in her chair and gripped the armrests. 

"Ann." I was as shocked as Miss Audrey. It came out of nowhere. I look at Miss Audrey to see where she would go with this from here.

"She is nothing but a maid, Eden. Do not concern yourself with what is worthy of Ann." 

I panicked as my heart fastened its pace. This wasn't going to work. I have to find another excuse. If I refuse directly and bluntly she will definitely charge me for a year or two just by refusing her favours. I'm not going to let this come to me.

"If I have to tell you such thing, then I don't think I have a choice." I sighed, a plan already forming. 

Miss Audrey, leaned in, looking interested at what I'm about to say, as if she is expecting me to blurt out a secret. Well, then I have to make it look like one. 

"I have always had these dreams, about marrying a nobeleman and well, giving birth to my own child who will one day be the heir." Miss Audrey leaned back, as if she heard these stories a thousand times.

"I see. So you too have those dreams?" She let out a disapproving sigh. "I have just offered something much more valuable, but if that is your choice, then let it be."

 When I figured this was a goodbye, Miss Audrey spoke again. 

"Because becoming a principal at this school, starts a journey to your dreams, as I am. Being a principal here, means that you will be taking care of the future mothers of the heir, which is something much more important. Now please leave."

I walked out, not bothered about what I've done to her and close my door behind me. Just 7 days, I will be free and it's only a matter of time for the realisation of wrong doings that had been put into occurrence multiple times.

*****

The next morning I woke up as the sun shone on my face. I felt different. Maybe it was because I wasn't the person that Miss Audrey trusted anymore. 

Whilst making my way out the room, I hear giggles and laughter downstairs. Usually the girls are quiet and controlled in their studies, but the atmosphere seems to have changed. Something was different.

I head towards the swirled stairs to make my way downstairs. Just then I heard a mans voice, maybe 2 or 3 at the same time. This has never happened before. I hear some grunts and sighs along with that. 

I closed my eyes to brace what I was about to see.

I hit something big and hard. I opened my eyes desperately regretting I closed them, and saw a broad figure right in front of me. He held onto my shoulders to steady me, without his support I would have definitely fell hard to the floor.

"Whoa, careful there." His amazing blue eyes stared deep through me. He looked down my figure and looked back into my eyes. "Are you okay?" He seemed genuinely concerned, but I noticed his breath hitched as he set his eyes on me.

"Hey, William, take a look at this!" A male interrupted from behind. William ignored him, prbably knwing he was on about a girl.

I looked at him and noticed he wasn't just with any girl. It was  Sophia. 

As I try to go past the men, wanting to tell Miss Audrey the situation without attracting attention, William hastily speaking behind her.

"Were are you heading?" 

I hesitate, although I've never really been touched by a man, I was taught it would be a wonderful experience, but this was frightening me.

I ignored him and went to the kitchen, hoping to find someone sober. And I did. "Miss Audrey," I say. She turns round and smiles gravely. She still must be stuck on that moment I rejected her favour. "Yes, child?" Child? When did she ever call me a child?

"There seems to be a problem-"

"Problem? What problem would that be?" She said. Does she really not hear the them?

"Sorry, that might have been me." I turn round to find William, he was running his hand at the back of his head, avoiding my gaze. 

"Why in the world do you think that? This child is just surprised to find men here, that's all. Isn't it dear?" I look back at Miss Audrey, and the realisation came to me. She did this on purpose. "Why don't you two go wake the girls, I have an announcement." I was a hundred percent sure she wore her evil smirk on her face.

I walked out. I just had to endure this for 6 more days and I'd go out into the real world. I walked up the stairs, but heard an extra step behind me. I looked back and saw William trying to catch up.

"Listen, I just want to apologise. Back there, it-it wasn't cool." 

I wanted so badly to tell him to just leave me alone, but something else came to me. He seems like a nice guy. Worrying about whether I'm still angry at him or not, maybe he was influenced by his friend to act annoyingly.

"It's okay, I'm not mad or anything." I reassured.

"Yeah but, that might have been an act." He said sounding confidant and hesitant at the same time.

"What do you mean?"

"It looked pretty clear you that you don't like her much."

"Oh." I didn't want to tell him the details. It was none of his business. "Are you following me?"

"Shit, does it look that way to you?" He paused, but I knew that he was just thinking of something to say.

"No, I was going to wake the girls." I looked at him and he had his smile switched on. Knowing it wouldn't work on me. Now that I was closer to him, I could see each of his individual lashes, stayed put. He had the smile, every girl dreamed for their future husband to have.

"Yeah well, when she says that, she means the girls who will turn 17 next week." We were now upstairs. But I had a feeling I should stay and talk to him more, and finish this conversation here.

"Are you?" He avoided my gaze, but when I turned away I could feel him staring at me at the corners of his eyes.

"Yeah."

"Right then, are we going to wake them and call the emergencies ready for the fainting ceremony or do we have to stay here and talk all day?" To my surprise, I actually laughed. He had some sense of humour and along with his nice personality, he seemed like a good guy.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind neither." I said. He was shocked at my response. "Are you okay?"

"Ye-Yes, I'm fine." He averted his eyes. "I didn't expect you to say that." He said, still in shock.

"Well, what did you expect me to say?" I questioned, calmly.

"Honestly, I thought you would call me a douchebag then ignore me for the rest of the day."

I laughed again. 

"Come on, why would I turn down a nice guy like you? And anyway, I just found someone who is sober and quiete tolerent to talk to." I said as he watched me under his long lashes.

"Yeah, I can."

*****

Hey guys, sorry this chapter seemed a little boring to me. I'll come back to it as soon as I can. 

All my focus is fixtated on Mystical Mundane- my first book as well as series. Go ahead and check it out. 

Amazing cover by Baneen121!

Remember to vote, comment and share :]