One

I was claimed to the school for exactly 16 years, 358 days and in one more upcoming week, I would be free.

I have waited too darn long to escape and there's nothing that can stop me now I'm this close. 

The school has lied to me and all the other girls who have been brought here , yet no one has noticed, of course, no one but me. The fact that we will be in good care and will be taught exceptionally well, for the upcoming event, The Collection, is only to make it easier for them so we don't have to shout and scream all the way. 

But of course that's not what the girls here are excited about, we've received news that there's slight chance the duke will be there. It doesn't matter to me, as long as he stays out of my way. 

Of course, that's all I know. The school does not teach us anything about politics, engineering and any other 'men' related subjects. They say that ladies should not worry about that and leave it for the men to deal with. 

2 knocks at the door startle me back to life. "Hang on a moment!" I shout just after I saw the doorknob turn and fall back into place after hearing me. It must be Ann, my personal maid. Ann is never required to leave me alone. Yet I am the only one at school who has the most time by myself than any other girl. It's pure luck.

I settle my journal to one side of the drawer and close it silently but fast enough for Ann to not notice. She takes steps into my huge flamboyant room since the time I was brought here.

I don't remember anything about my family. I don't even know if I have one. The fourth world war simply wiped out nearly the whole nation and my family could possibly be watching over me out of this world. At least that means whatever sisters I had wouldn't go through with what I'm trying to escape from. They're safer where they are.

"Miss Audrey wants a word with you, Eden dear," Ann says in her young angelic voice.

I felt excitement fill me everywhere when thinking about the only remaining week I have left in this hell-hole. Now that I'm this close to accomplishing my dream, I feel that the past has gone in the blink of an eye, yet as slow as a flower would grow in winter. All those moments when the staff had tortured me for disobeying and making continuous mistakes. But all that has changed.

I have used my own method for the staff to trust me, in fact, they trust me most of all. But the time is wearing thin when they realise that they have been wrong.

They have always been wrong.

"I assure you, dear, that you are in no sort of trouble." She states automatically.

Ann opens the door before me and leaves.

After a while of circling her room and trophies, the door knob twisted and I turned round preparing to say my greetings. A tall figure with a short pencil skirt along with a blazer, lurking underneath it was a plain white shirt. She wore plain pointy heels with dark tied up hair. Miss Audrey looked at me and smiled.

She walked to her desk and sat down. "Hello, Eden." She said in her toneless voice. And tangled her fingers onto each other in a business position.

"Ann mentioned you wanted to see me, ma'am." 

"Of course!" She exclaimed, "I have news to tell you and the girls."

She let out a laugh as she slurred to her antique wooden chair and sat down in comfort. It must be the heels. "You are very well aware that I and the staff trust you utterly and completely?" She looked at me, this

I nodded in response.

"Well, we have never had a student as much. . ." She paused, thinking of a word.  "Like you. And well, since I'm not going to live forever, what do you reckon if you take my position as principle?"