Chapter 21: Happiness & Head of RFA & Heading Over For A Visit

Start from the beginning

───────────〔✿〕───────────

~~Over the Phone~~

V: Luciel, have you heard from Jumin?

707: About Y/n's weird application?

V: Yes

707: Yeah. Are you sure you want me to set up the firewall today instead of heading over to C&R to check it out?

V: Yes. I think it was an inside job... I'm sure that Jumin and Jaehee will be able to handle the situation.

707: Okay... I'll still run by later today if I have time.

V: Thank you... and I'm sorry for always relying on you like this. ...It's unbefitting of the head of the RFA.

707: Rather than that, I'd prefer it if you relied on me more.

707: ...Is that place really gone?

V: .....................

707: V?

V: For now... yes. It's gone.

707: But you're still having me set up this heavy defense at Y/n's place... you don't think this is over... do you?

V: ........................

V:  Is it okay if I ask for another favor when you go to Y/n's apartment today?

707: Of course.

V: Please go through her personal belongings. Her emails, letters, diaries... we have to know if she's been in contact with them or not.

707: V... don't you think that's too much? I really don't think Y/n could be mixed up in that cult...

V: Please...

707: ......

707: Okay.

707: I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to trust you, V. You helped me save my brother,  but you also left him there to suffer.

707: If you don't explain what's going on... I can't continue to believe you.

V: I'm sorry....

707: I don't want an apology. I just want the truth.

V: I'll tell you everything soon...

V: Thank you for trusting me for this long... I know it has been tough.

707: Then just tell me the truth!

707: At least tell me where you are so I can know that you're safe!

V: I can't tell you that yet... thank you for looking into Y/n for me.

V: Please take care of the RFA.

707: V, wait!

707: V!

707: Shit.

~~End of Call~~

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Mint eyes curl around the corner of the wall and watch as Saeyoung shoves his phone back into his pocket. Saeran is already dressed and ready to go. His white hair looks slightly puffier than usual and the once heavy dark bags beneath his eyes have shrunk into mere shadows. Saeyoung leans across the counter and smiles, "You must be excited to meet Y/n. Do you want your big bro to make you some breaky before we go?" The smile becomes easier to maintain and a laugh manages to flow out. "I'll fill it with lots of love~♡."

A scowl crosses his features, the redhead stiffens. "I hate that about you. Goddamn hypocrite." Deep down Saeyoung believes that Saeran is right, but he can't bring himself to show that part of himself. Not yet. "Just hurry up... we can't make Y/n late for her job."

"Yes sir~," Saeyoung calls after his retreating form. He mutters something alone the lines of, 'how the duck did he say ♡ out loud,' but hattention veers away from his words. Saeran looks good in his own clothes. They had managed to shop together and actually find things that he seemed to like. His magenta jacket, one of said clothing items, fits him well and that alone helps make him appear less sick. Of course,  thanks to Y/n's subtle encouragement he seems to be taking care of himself better, resulting in him looking more energetic. Saeyoung sighs. It's all the same. In the end, I couldn't do anything.

───────────〔✿〕───────────