Hoping for Amnesia [1]

-;-5 years ago-;-

We were running through the park, not a care in the world....for now.

We were the best of friends. Me and Shane. Trinity and him. Shane and Trinity.

Then we were 11.

-;-3 years ago-;-

"Tell me more about you." I asked.

"Well I'm dangerous." He said, smiling that comforting smile.

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"Dangerous how?"

"Nothing you need to worry about."

"Tell me!" I said getting up. I was determined to know  about this last bit of his life.

"No, you shouldn't get involved."

"What could be so bad even I can't know?" I asked while walking away.

"Trinity! Wait up!"

I stopped listening. I knew everything else about him. His favorite color, green. Favorite band, he didn't have one. He had one sister, Kate. I was close with her before she had moved out of the house. If I was doing the math correctly, Kate would have been about 16. Thats right, Kate died in the car accident. I said the because that was what it was to Shane Hudson. The accident that killed Kate. The accident that killed his mom. The accident that led everything all downhill.

Shane has peircing green eyes and dark brown, nearly black, hair. He was tall, athletic, and attractive. He was basically evey girls dream. I had iris blue eyes and dark auburn hair. We made quite the pair walking down the street. I was more of an average height, non-athletic, and cute at the very least, but back to Shane. Ever since his mom and sister had died, it was just him and his father. His father was a good man, but he had gotten himself into "some activity". At least thats what Shane had told me--all that Shane would tell me.

"Come on Trinity." Shane said grabbing my arm and turning me around so that our faces were only a few inches away from each other. I had a small crush on Shane, but I wasn't the type to act on my feelings.

"I thought we were best friends."

"Not just that," he said, pulling me closer and closer to his face.

"Then what are we?" I whispered. I was very aware of the distance between us getting gradually smaller.

He smiled. "You tell me..." Then he kissed me.

We were 13, he was my first kiss.

-;-1 year later-;-

"You're moving." I said, trying to process the information.

"To Australia."

"To. Australia."

"Tomorrow."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"My dad."

"Is it something I should know about?" I had eventually learned that Shane's dad had joined a very dangerous gang to make up for funds no longer provided by his mom.

"No."

"Well, then how will we talk?"

"Here, this is my new number when I'm in Australia. Be at my house at 9 a.m. to see me off."

"Ok."

Shane and I weren't dating, not even after we kissed a couple times. We never became official because of Shane's connections to that gang through his dad.

I showed up at 8:50 a.m. the next day, but they had already left without saying goodbye. I waited about a week, then called him on his new number. He never picked up. I figured that he didn't care about me so screw him and that was that.

I never called him, he never called me. We were never going to see each other again. And I was glad, damn happy! Even though on the inside I was broke.

-;-2 years later-;-

I was lucky to have both parents in my life.They had good jobs and could support me and my brother Sam. But they had trouble sometimes, supporting us I mean. That was why Sam and I didn't slack with academics and we got good grades so we could get scholarships and not have them pay for us. Because of this, we got into the "prestigious and beautiful" boarding school my parents had been dreaming of us attending for the past couple of years. Sam was a year under me, me being a junior and him being a sophomore. The only catch was that  it was in Australia. But, I could always think about that later.

***** I know this was a really boring chapter, but it was needed to set up the rest of the story. Let me know if you liked it !*****