37 - Finale

I suggest you play this video while reading this part.. ><)/

I'm making this chapter while listening to this song and  I think it suits this chapter~ :D

Enjoy~!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The sky was clear. Once again it was a beautiful day in the dark forest near Vesuvia. The breeze were calm and the leafs fell gracefully on the bed of grass. In the silent forest, steps were the only thing that echoing in it. Path that usually was closed by the forest, now open. 

Soft sobs of a girl was heard in the nature. Right in a hut under a big tree in the forest, people were gathered to give her their last goodbye. There she was, laying in a beautiful white dress that he had bought for another purpose at first. Wild flowers in her delicate hands were match the colors of her dress. She looks as beautiful as ever with her eyelashes that closed in peace. The Mountain man were standing by her side. Not a single moment he left her since they made their way back to Vesuvia. 

For now the Mountain man was only standing there with his gaze locked on her form. Not a single words left him. However the mark of drying tears were clearly visible. Asra realized how miserable his best friend currently is. His brain were recalling that moment in his head. 

Muriel came to him with both of his hands soaked in blood while holding her. Noticing the woman that no longer breathing, Muriel lost himself. He screamed her name countless times while The Magician tried his best to bring her back with his magic, but it was useless nonetheless. Her spirit has completely left her body. Not a single strand of magic left for him to pull her back. Asra tried again. He keeps trying. Until a hand patted his back. It was his apprentice. She's also a crying mess. She shook her head while holding her master's shirt tightly. Noticing the sign from the Queen's possible twin sister, he knew that it's his time to stop.

Now, seeing his best friend before him, The Magician approached the Mountain man and gave him a pat on his left shoulder. Asra knew that no words can make his best friends feel better, but he wants to stated that he and his apprentice will always by his side in this. "I.. will be outside with (Ap/n). Just tell me when you're ready.." A slight nod from Muriel answered him. Asra then turned his heels and headed to the only door in the room.  

Closing the door behind him, Asra found his apprentice were sitting under a nearby tree. Her arms hugged her legs while her face were buried in it. Asra closed his distance with the woman before him. He extended his arms and pulled the woman closer to him. "Master?" The woman called between her sobs. 

"I'm here, (Ap/n)." Asra patted her hair in a soothing manner while she leaned on his chest.

As the wind blows gently. silence covered both of the human before the woman's lips parted as she lifted her head all of a sudden. "Master.." After wiped the tears that left on her cheeks, she's staring at the sky for a moment. "She's here.."

Asra only blinked in confusion. "I know.. My magic is the opposite elements of hers.. But she's.. here.. Her presence is here; surrounding us in the winds, plants.. almost everything in the nature.."

"Surely.. that's odd.. But knowing that you're sharing a biological bond with her.. No wonder why.." Asra also turned his gaze to the nature around them while keeping her close. Muriel should know that he'll never be alone.. She's here with him..

After spending some moment of solitude, Asra and (Ap/n) heard steps approaching them. "Asra.. (Ap/n).. you can leave now.. I will bury her by myself.." The big figure soon towering both magicians. 

"Huh? No, Muriel. It's fine.. We'll help."

"No! Asra.. I'm sorry but I insisted.." The Mountain man's fists were clenched.

"Okay.." A sigh escaped the Magician's lips, but he gave a smile to his friend. "We'll take our leave then.. take care, Muriel.. Don't hesitant to contact me when you need something, okay?"

"I will.. thank you for the help, Asra.."

"No problem, friend.." 

The Mountain man know that he needs to do this alone. With a shovel on his back and the woman that he loves in his arms, he walked forward to his next destination, to her favorite place in the forest. Just like when the last time he went there with her, silence covered around him. However this time, no one is going to start a conversation soon. Oh, how he missed her voice and their casual conversation. Every steps that he took towards his destination only reminded him of her. No one would expect that she would gone too soon. 

A familiar cave was now in sight. The Mountain man proceed without the fear that he had when the first time he went there. Now this cave only held good memories of her. As he took his first step into the ruins of a castle, his green orbs scanned the area. It's still the same.. The flowers were still blooms inside it, as if her presence never leave the ruins. 

Carefully he put the Queen on the section that supposed to be the throne. Seeing how peaceful she's now, he caressed her cheeks before he swiftly took his shovel from his back and walked to the middle of the hall. Here.. The sunlight will be able to reach this spot. You'll be able to grow and bloom once again... just like these beautiful plants..

Muriel didn't took a long time to make a hole in the floor for her grave. He turned his heels and picked the flowers that were currently in the area. He took every colors that he thought would suit her. Unexpectedly, in a few moments his hands were full of (f/c) flowers. After that, he arranged the flower beautifully in the grave that he dug before. Instinctively he filled the hole with the flowers. Satisfied with his work, he wiped the sweat on his temples before he made his way back to her. 

Muriel extended his arms and took her into his arms. He lifted her up carefully, not letting her slip from his arms ever again. His steps were somehow slow, while he's mumbling in his breath.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n).. When I told you that I don't have any money left for us.. It was because I spent it on the dress that you're wearing now.." His gaze turned to her, watching her affectionately. "I had prepared this dress.. to be your wedding dress.." When he reached the grave, he took a long breath. "Yes.. I was planning on proposing you.." He lowered her down with care.

After putting her down, the Mountain man reached for a thing that was hanging on his waist. It was the flower crown that Asra gave before they reached Amartha. He put the flower crown on her head, added her beauty to the divine level. He took his last chance to rub his fingers on her cheeks while enjoying the touch of her soft locks and skin. Drops of tears once again fell on her smiling countenance. His voice was now trembling due to the emotion that rushing in his heart.

"Will you marry me.. in the next life, my Queen?"

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸