3

Since her first step, the crowds cheered even louder by her presence. Her eyes amazed by the number of people that gathered in that building. "This is.. amazing.." she said as she walked to her chair. The Count took the middle chair, meanwhile the Countess on his right, and The Queen on his left.

Before the Count sit, he greeted his people first. "People of Vesuvia! Welcome to the great Coliseum of mine! Today, we got a special guest from the land of Amartha, The Queen herself!" The Count extended his arms and proud of the crowds that were cheering louder. "Today.. ah today.. We have another challenger. He used to be a cold blooded assassin. Will he be able to defeat our favorite fighter? Now! Let him walk into the arena! The Desert's Scorpion!"

As he finished his words, a big wooden gate was opened at the arena. A slim shadow walked in while dragging something that seemed to be his weapon. Soon, the image was clear, the fighter got a green skin. The thing that he dragged was a dagger with chains that attached to his right waist. He didn't wear any tops, but a shoulder plate was attached on his left shoulder, extended to an arm plate. For the lower part, he's wearing a fur skirt. His knees were wrapped with bandages. His hairstyle was somehow.. unique, because of his purple mohawk style. The crowds were cheering for him.

"He's poisonous! It's going to be a hard challenge for the Scourge!" The Count turned his face towards the Queen for a while. He felt the obligation to tell the Queen about the challenger.. although she's actually has no idea what was about to happen anyway.

Wait what?? Who?? The Scourge?? Huh??? However, she could managed to hide her clueless mind with a graceful smile.

"Now, our favorite fighter! Who could that be?" All the spotlight were on the Count. He indirectly asked the crowds to say the name of the fighter and the crowds did so.

"The Scourge! The Scourge! The Scourge!" The crowds were getting wilder as the wooden gate on the other side started to open. In her mind, the Queen found this entertainment was less entertaining, but, when she saw the huge shadow by the wooden door in the arena, it made a spark in her heart.

"Here it is! My champion! Scourge of the South!" The Count introduced the big man in a bigger excitement. As the shadow become clear, the Queen was surprised with the size of the man. His height was enormous and the muscles were well built. She can tell that this man could break her bones like a toothpick. His raven long hair were messy and covered most of his face. He's wearing a collar with a dog's paw and chains attached on it. He's also wearing a shoulder and hand plate on his right hand, as if he's mimicking the Count. So.. he's completely owned by the Count.. The Queen continued to analyze the fighter's appearance. On his waist, he's wearing a leather belt with a carving of two dogs facing each other. His belt was holding a piece of red majestic fabric that used as his loincloth. The man showed his thighs, not only his chest. It's visible that those thighs were huge and made of muscles, not fat. Down at his knees, he's wearing leg plates that consisted poleyn, greaves and sabatons. All covering his leg.

"For the love of God.. that man is.. huge.." The Queen's thought escaped her lips. She quickly covered her red lips, not wanting anyone to hear her said that. However, The Count already caught her interest.

"Ohohoho! The first time I saw him, he's already caught my eyes! And by the time I put him in the ring, he never lose!" Count Lucio extended his arm for the Queen. "The view is better in here, my Queen."

At first, the Queen was hesitant. She tightened her grip on the scarf that has been covering her neck before reached for the Count with her another free hand. She knew that she's about to witness bloodshed. Glad that she still got her scarf on, so when things were unpleasant to see, she could cover her sight with it.

"The Scourge! Perhaps today is going to be your last day here!" The Scorpion man seemed to full of himself. "I've watched most of your battles! I know your moves!" He said as he circling the huge man that was now in the middle of the arena.

The Scourge didn't said a word, or even move a bit. He stayed still, waiting for something. "Unleash his chains!" The Count shouted. The men from behind the wooden door where The Scourge came, threw the end of the chains inside the arena in a split seconds. The chains looks long and heavy. The Queen doubt that it will make a big difference but little did she knew, The Scourge has already used to it.

The Scorpion pulled the chains that connected him with his dagger. Soon, he charged in with an enormous speed. However, the Scourge avoided it easily, and countered his attack with a punch right on the face. The Queen flinched in surprised. She didn't expect that big man could move in that pace although there's a heavy chain attached on his neck.

The battle went in the same pattern. The Scorpion tried to attack but the Scourge somehow managed to avoid all oh his attack. However, The Scorpion didn't seem to tired although he had received so much attacks.

"It's interesting.." The Count muttered in his breath. "He let himself received so much damaged.. Does he planning on making the Scourge tired?"

The Queen heard his words clearly. She clenched her grips on her scarf, figuring the future that still unknown.

As the Count predicted, The Scourge seemed to short in his breath. His pace was also getting slower while his enemy still maintaining his amazing speed. When The Scorpion saw a slight opportunity, he immediately threw his dagger that soon stabbed the Scourge's left arm. However, the Scourge also used this chance to pulled the dagger's chains that soon brought the owner close to him, and grabbed the face with his right hand. Only with a little bit of power, the Scourge smashed The Scorpion's skull and threw the limp body away.

The winner was clear as the crowds somehow booing the Scourge. "Wait what? Why?" The Queen was confused by the reaction. Her hands moved to the railings of the podium and scanned the crowds while wondering why do they hate him so much. All of a sudden, a strong wind passed her and flew her scarf away. "No! My scarf!" She tried to reached it, but it's too late. The fabric fell in the arena, next to the dead body.

The fabric took the Scourge attention. He pulled out the dagger from his arm and tossed it away. The Queen's heartbeat went insane when the Scourge approached her scarf. Unexpectedly, the mountain man clean his bloody hands first by rubbing it on the clean part of his clothes. After that, he reached for the scarf and walked towards its owner.

Seeing a simple act of respect from the gladiator, The Queen's body somehow moved by itself. She jumped from the podium into the arena and shocked the whole crowds. Her long dress doesn't seem to be a problem for her.

"Here.." a deep low voice was heard from the big man in front of her. He extended his muscular arms. Hair covered half of his face, but his expression was clear. He's shy? Red tint spread around his cheeks and his gaze was keep avoiding hers... although it always made its way back to her.

The Queen couldn't stop gazing at the mountain man. For the love of God.. he's.. cute! A smile made its way to her lips. "Thank you.." she took the scarf from his trembling hand. However, the wounds in his arms was visible for her. The smile faded, turned into worry. Immediately she tore the scarf in her hands.

The Scourge's green orbs were widened. He's aware that the scarf's price were a lot more than his own price as a slave. However, he couldn't do anything about it. "Give me your wounded arm." The Queen commanded and the man did as she said. The Queen wrapped the fabric right above wound. "This will stop the poison from spreading... now.. We need to tend it.." The Queen scanned around herself. She signed Lucio to send the doctors for him.

She.. she just.. treated me..?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸