12

"Enjoying your tea, my Queen?" The Count approached the Victorian style  gazebo with a smile. "I'm sorry for making you wait.." The Count took a seat in front of her and poured the tea for himself in another fancy cup.

"No problem." She smiled formally at her host. Today she wore a simple strapless broken white dress with a short train. The dress was fit her body, showing her elegance. She didn't forget to wear her fluffy pink scarf today.

"Ahh~ Too bad that tomorrow you will go back to Amartha.. I kinda wish you could stay a little bit longer.."

Oh.. right.. tomorrow I'll be going back.. oh shit.. The tea in her cup was getting colder. "Thank you, Count Lucio. You gave me the best hospitality during my stay in here. I'll make sure that the people of Amartha will take a visit to Vesuvia too one day." The Queen replied. After her answer, the Count started to talk about how great his party was. The Queen has no other option but to say 'yes' and smiled. Just like a child that bragging about his toys to his mother.

"Ahhh too bad that you got sick and didn't see the end of the party, my Queen. But, I do hope that you're feeling better now.." The Count still laughing from his story while the Queen had another thing in mind. Ah~ So that's what Portia told you..

"Um..  Count Lucio.. I have something to ask.." The Queen has been keeping this matter for several days. She needs Lucio's approval in order to do this. "A request to be exact."

"Oh! What is it, my Queen? It will be my honor to be able to fulfill it." The Count leaned closer in curiosity. 

"Um.. can I buy your fighter, the Scourge? I will pay any price for him." The Queen locked her orbs on the Count's.

---

"Hey Scourge.. you seemed bright today.. did something happen?" Iraklis put his steps on halt when he found the mountain man were smiling without any reason in his cell.

"Huh- go- Go away, Iraklis!" He turned his face, didn't want to be seen by this guard.

"First the smile, and then you shut me out.. Now that's suspicious! Tell me, Muriel!" Iraklis moved closer to the bars and started to poking his face in. "Oh come on dude! Something must have happened when you took her back, right??" He called again.

"Having fun already?" A familiar voice emerged from nowhere, jolted both man.

"Oh- my Queen- I didn't expect you- ah it's already evening- I see.." The guard stuttered in his words, forgot that in this time of day, their extraordinary guest may appear. He pulled away from the bars, letting their guest walked closer.

"I'm sorry to surprise both of you." Her graceful smile appeared, relaxing both of them. The Queen walked passed the guard, now stood in front of the cell's door. "Iraklis.. if you don't mind.."

The Guard caught her sign. Immediately he pulled out the keys and unlocked the Scourge's cell. He opened the door and let the woman stepped in. "Thank you, Iraklis.." She smiled before the guard close the door and leave them.

"Hey.." awkwardness was visible in her movement and tone. Her muscles were rigid as she held her dress tightly. Her head were hanging low, not able to look into the owner of the cell's orbs.

"Still thinking about yesterday?" Muriel's words pierced right through the Queen's head. Aware of what bothering her mind, he suggested, "if it bothers you that much, just pretend that it's never happened."

"N-no! That was my precious memory!" She put all of her power in her voice while clenching her fist, showing how determined she was. The mountain man slowly turned his head towards her, showing how badly he was blushing right now. Realized of what she just said, heat also invading the Queen's face. "Ah-I-.."

"G-great.. me too.." The gladiator looked away when he confessed. His shyness made him cuter than ever. Oh fuck.. HE IS the cutest being I've ever encountered.. The Queen shouted in her mind. She stood there as her grip went tighter each seconds. Her emotion sparked the magic inside her as the moss started to grow on the ground under her skirt. "Ah.. I have something to tell you.." Her queen attitude made its way back into her.

She took his attention as he turned slowly facing her direction. She took a deep breath before telling him. "I will go back to Amartha tomorrow.. which means, today is my the last day here.. " she smiled bitterly. No, she didn't want to go back to that cold castle. At least not until she found this man. "I don't know how long will it take for me to come back here.." The man stood up as she continued her words. He walked slowly approaching her. "It could take days.. months.. or even years..". Now hovering on her, the height difference that they got made her hard to see his expression. Could he be sad.. or even relieved? "Perhaps.. this is a goodbye?" She lifted up her face, still with the pained smile.

"N-no!" He held her right arm with his muscular hand. It was so tight 'till she yelped. He opened his mouth but closed it soon. There's something that he wanted to say but he couldn't. As he stepped forward, the light shone on his features. He's pained.. really pained and in a great doubt. He didn't knew why but the news really hurt him to the core of his existence. For a woman that he knew for 4 days, she gave him a great impact in his life.

"I'm sorry.. but thank you for the great memories.." She untied the fingers that was holding her arms and cupped the hand with hers. "Duty calls can be so rude sometimes.. " She tried to be as strong as she could. Maintained her elegant composure no matter how hard the pressure is, for she is a Queen.

"B-but-" She put her index finger on her lips, stopping his stuttering voice.

"I have something for you.." She said as she cupped his hands with both of hers.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸