26

A few days passed after the couple found the forgotten ruins. Muriel still left in confusion but he got no courage to ask. "Muriel~~ I'm hungry~ let's cook something~" Her voice took him back to reality. He realized that he's supposed to get some eggs from the coop today but apparently it's empty.

"I think.. I should go to the market and buy us some supplies.." He closed the coop's door and walked back into the hut with the woman that has been following him around.

"Oh! Great!" Her tone was full of joy. They made their way back into the hut. The Mountain man took his purse and check the coins inside. The man was silent for a moment. "Muriel? What's wrong?"

"I.. ran out of money.." The man was too embarrassed just to turn around and face her.

"Oh.. AH!" The Queen moved to the corner where she put her things and pulled the jewelries and clothes that she wore when she came. "Just sell this!" Her hands that full with things now extended facing the man.

"No. I can handle this by myself."

"No Muriel! I mean it! I have been dependent on you! At least I want to help with these."

The man that was fixing his orbs on the woman, shifted it away. "No, my Queen. I'll find a way. You don't need to worry."

"How can I?? You have done so much for me! Even you bought these dresses too!" She protested. "If you're not gonna do it, then I will sell it by myself!" The Queen turned her heels and walked towards the only door in the room.

"Stop! No, my Queen!" His big arms made its way around her waist and stopped the woman from taking her next step. He lifted her up even with just one hand.

"Let me go, Muriel! I don't like this! I'm simply don't want to be your burden!" She turned her head, trying so hard just to face the man behind her. "Seriously Muriel! Let me help-" the Queen's words were stopped. The mountain man used his other hand to cover the woman's eyes. He pulled her head closer while he leaned forward towards her right ear.

"My Queen, you-.. never be a burden for me. Never..." trembles in his tone stopped the woman's struggle. "Since you left my cell's door, never in my life I wish so hard to see you appear once more. Thousand dreams of seeing you coming for me, really torturing my heart. That's why.. when you appeared before me.. it's just like an impossible miracle that somehow happened to me. I promised myself that I will take a good care of you while you're here.." Once he felt how calm she was, he let go of his grip that was blocking her sight. "My Queen.. I beg you.. just let me serve you.."

"Serve?" The Queen tightened her grip on the clothes in her arms. "Muriel! I left my kingdom! The people that need me the most! Just to see you in Vesuvia, and you thought that I want you to SERVE ME?" She couldn't believe what she just heard. She tried to lock her gaze with the green orbs and continued. "Can't you see?? I love you!"

The Queen's words stopped the time and space for the mountain man. His grip on her loosen, making her fell on her knees. The (h/c) haired woman turned her head to see the man's reaction. The mountain man's face was red. Scared, panic, and shock was written all over him. Oh shit! O shouldn't have said that!!! Now both of the adults were blushing heavily.

"Uh.. you mean it?" The tall man asked. He still couldn't make an eye contact with her, but he noticed the nod that she made in response to his question. "Well.. I think.. do love.. you.. too.."

His answer made the Queen blinked in disbelief. "Uhh.." The woman woman that used to keep her calm composure now has lost it all. She didn't notice her feelings towards him before she stated it and it's shocked her. Plus, hearing the man's answer only gave her a double blow in the heart.

Seeing how surprised his Queen was, the Mountain man took this chance to reach for her hands. He removed the clothes that she eagerly wanted to sell and placed them on the nearest furniture. "That's why, my Queen. I beg you, please trust me. I will find a way to keep both of us alive." His arms circled around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Okay.. I will trust you.. but if you need anything, please.. don't ever hesitate to ask me for help." She lifted her head and once again locked her (e/c) orbs with his emerald ones. Her eyebrows intertwined, showing her worries. However a soft pat on her back and the warmth that emitted from his skin, calmed her mind.

"Thank you, My Queen."

"Hmm... give me a kiss.." The Queen teased the big man and ended up with the red tint on the man's face. However the big man obeyed the Queen as he lowered his face. Both of them didn't realized that the kiss would keep them awake for the night.

So.. you love me? Big palms made its way on the soft (h/c) strands. The Gladiator was wide awake even though the Queen was in a deep slumber on his chest. The more reason for me to not let you pass that door without me.. He pulled her closer to him. Hesitantly he leaned and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Don't ever leave me again, my Queen.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Thank you for reading this chapter too!
I'm sorry I took so long just to update this one.. TwT
I had my ups and downs recently so I need to gather myself first before I was able to continue this story.
However, thank you for all of you that still waiting for this update! I'm really touched! TAT)9