23

Muriel walked without taking any glance towards the woman. He just focused to the front until he reached the destination that he mentioned before. Muriel look at the horse that as been coming with him. He could feel that the creature was laughing at him. "It's not funny." The horse responded with a neigh.

Meanwhile, the woman dipped her toe to check the water's temperature. "Ugh! Cold.. sigh.. I have no other option, isn't it?". Her head turned to left and right, scanning the area right before she stripped her dress and jumped in immediately.

A loud sound of the splashing water startled the mountain man that was supposed to cast the protection spell not far from the waterfall. Worries and all of the negative thoughts filled his mind. He dashed backwards to the place where he left the Queen.

"Oh.. you changed your mind?" The Queen that now was leaning on the edge of the rocks was a bit surprised by the man's sudden appearance.

"What was that loud sound?" The man's orbs now locked on the (e/c) ones. When his orbs trailed her form, he could see her delicate (s/c) skin exposed to the nature and him. Spontaneously the mountain man turned away. His tone seemed rushed and nervous. "What was it??"

"I.. just jumped into the water.." the Queen's wide grin appeared on her lips.

"Not slipped?" She could see his concern in his tone. And also the red tint in his ears. Her body stayed in the water while she let her arms on the surface and leaned on the nearest stone.

"Nope~.. just a direct jump.." Her tone went cheerful. She never thought that a man that she barely known could be so care towards her. "Honestly, I really don't mind if you're joining me here.. there's a lot of space anyway.."

"No.. My Queen.. I need to keep you safe. It will be nuisance when the trouble comes but I'm still... naked." Muriel covered half of his burning face with one of his hand.

"Oh.. okay.."

"But.. I will stay here.. if you insist."

"Hahaha~ Don't stay too far then.."

Muriel took out a piece of wood and knife from his pocket. He started to distract himself from the queen by craving the wood. He didn't notice that the woman has been watching his work. Every slice that he made showed how skillful he was. It didn't took so long for him to turn the piece of wood into a wolf statue. Then, he added the details that make the wolf seemed alive.

"Is that Inanna?" Out of the blue, the wolf statue reminded her of Inanna.

"No.." Muriel shook his head. His midnight hair were covering most part of his face from the Queen's point of view. "This is you."

The Queen blinked in confusion. Questions ran into her mind just like the water from the cliff. "Me??"

"Wolf.. is your spirit animal."

"Uh.. what makes you think so? I don't know.. about that at all.." Green eyes were fixed on the statue while he put it on the rock, right where the woman could see it clearly.

"You're brave enough to leave your pack.. and chase over your freedom." The wolf was sitting and its eyes were sharp. Piercing through every soul that stared into it.

"I'm not that brave.." Carefully, the Queen reached the wolf. She traced its every details under her skin. "But I wish I could." Her orbs were showing how much she adored the image before her. Strong, brave, yet beautiful.

"You already are." His words sparked a weird emotion inside her. A smile made its way onto her lips.

"Okay.. I think I'm done here.. If you don't mind.. would you hand me the towel?" The Queen pushed herself out from the water with both of her hands. Muriel saw what she's doing, how her upper body exposed by the sunlight. The view once again mesmerized the mountain man. It took him several seconds to finally realize that he's not supposed to look at her, at least until his little friend was started to poking his pants.

"Muriel???" Instead of handing her the towel, the mountain man was running away. Of course, the Queen confusion appeared in her. She has no other option but to take the fabric by herself. Finished with her clothes, she walked around the area to find her man. "Muriel?? Where are you?"

A neigh came as an answer. The Queen knows the sound all too well. "Muriel! There you are!" She's not only found her horse, but also the man that she's been looking for. It was as if the horse was telling her that the man was with him.

"I-I'm just took my clothes. It's my turn to- clean myself.." The Mountain man seemed to rushed the things that he's doing. Especially with the heat that has been burning in his face. After took his clothes, he ran back to the waterfall. Not far from her, his steps stopped. "When I'm already in the water, just come and stay close to me!"

"Oh.. okay.." the Queen only watch as the man made his way back. The man looked left and right before he stripped his clothes one by one. His well built back was now visible from the Queen's perspective. She couldn't help but to watch the whole scene as she adored the beauty that he held.

"My Queen! Queen (y/n)!" The Mountain man started to call for her name. The Queen appeared from behind the bushes, responding to his call. She took a seat just where he was before, next to her basket of soap. "I-I- Yeah- don't be too far."

"Muriel.. turn around!" Hearing the Queen's order and the fact that she's moving closer, the man immediately obeyed and covered his private part.. in case it's visible from the surface. The man has no idea what the Queen was about to do but now he could feel water fell onto his hair. It was her, she took the water and poured it onto him. "I think this scent will suits you.."

Her small hands started to massaged his head. He was nervous, but her touch calmed him and sent him to sleep.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸