34

The Queen regained her consciousness when her body was being dragged in the castle's hallway. He could see Nahneet was walking before her. He seemed panic. His gestured showed that he commanded the person that brought her to walk faster. I wonder why? The Queen thought before her vision went blur.

The Queen didn't realize that now her people were gathered around her castle. They demanded to see the Queen as if she owed them an explanation of her disappearance. They didn't do it out of hate, instead, they love their queen. The people have have witnessed her fight for their rights.. and now they would do the same for her rights. Even if it means to fight against Vesuvia.

Nahneet knows this very well. He couldn't do anything but fulfill the people's demand. Speedily, he took the Queen from the dungeon with the help of the guards. When he found her, she was laying helplessly on the floor. He's not surprised since he left her there without any food and drink for almost 24 hours.

The big golden door opened and the guards walked in. Several maids were already waiting in the room with their tools in their grasp. They were commanded to do feed her and do her make up. Once the most powerful woman appeared before them, they brisk walked towards her and started their work.

The Queen wasn't fully conscious when one of the maid shoved the spoonful of nutrition into her mouth softly. Getting a closer view, the maid noticed the swollen in the Queen's orbs. She spent her time crying for something that no one knows. "My Queen.. Please eat this or the Royal Counselor gonna kill us.." Trembles in her hands and voice were softly heard. Crying from the weak woke the Queen in the inside. She's awake now but her body were still too frail to move. She forced her muscles to chew the food and send it into her stomach. The maid now let out a relieved sigh.

As the other maids were cleaning her body, the Queen could fell all of the pain that the Royal Counselor left on her. Of course the maids noticed this issue. All of them were only mumbling "sorry" while continuing their work. She must bear this on her own. As they finished, a maid came with a red beautiful dress for the Queen to wear. 

Red? A color that she rarely wear. The dress was slim fit and strapless. It has a separate collar with a fabric that would embrace her shoulders and a long train of sparkling tulle in the same color. The dress was simple, but it has several jewels on it. It sparks the same elegance just like another dress. However she didn't know that she owns that dress until it appeared before her. Is it new? 

With the help of the remaining maids, she put on the dress before she finally able to see herself in the big mirror that present in her chamber. It was gorgeous yet it gave her a bad feeling. Everyone in the room noticed that red is not her color. However the Queen didn't protested. She's just stood there without any words. One maid took a few steps with a crown in her hand. "My Queen.. " She called.

The Queen turned around and lowered her head. The maid's trembling hands successfully put the hair piece on her head. As the Queen lifted her head again, her (e/c) orbs caught the maid's hazel ones. Something familiar was there. Fear. This how they react when Nahneet is the one that gave them orders.

Before the Queen made a statement, she checked on the other maids and guards that now surrounding her. Their optics told the same thing. "Don't worry.. I will make sure nothing bad will happen to all of you and your family.."

"No, my Queen.." a young maid that put the crown on her stepped forward. "We're.. worried about you.." Her gaze turned to her friends before she continued her words. "Please be careful with your next step, my Queen.."

The (e/c) optics were widened before her gaze softened. "Th- Thank you.. " A smile bloomed on her countenance as tears escaped her optics. There she was, crying like a mess in front of her maids and guards. After all of these years, she endured the pain without showing any tears to anyone in Amartha. The maids and guards just realized that their strong Queen is also a human being like them. She had her own hardship that leads her to her breaking point.

"Don't worry, my Queen! We're with you!" They comforted the Queen with hugs and the good words that came out from their lips. "Yes! We're always on your side! No matter what the Royal Counselor said!"

However, it didn't last long. Nahneet barged into the room with curse words in his filthy mouth. "HEY BITCH! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!". The maids were shocked as Nahneet pushed them away from his way towards the Queen. Once the Queen was close enough, he reached for her hair and pulled her harshly, yanking her head until the crown fell. He dragged her along the luxurious hallway, until they reached the main door.

"Listen bitch!" Nahneet cupped her cheeks and locked his gaze on hers. "Tell your worthless people that you're okay now! Tell them that I treated you well and Vesuvia were behind all of this! They kidnapped you so they can take over Amartha, but you're able to run away!" The Royal counselor put all the lies into her mouth. "Now gather all of your shit and face your people as the Queen that they hope to see!"

Soon as Nahneet let go of her, the Queen of Amartha turned her heels towards the main door of the castle. Her composure was now fixed. However she couldn't hide the despair in her countenance. Each step that she's going to take were getting heavier, but she needs to take it. It's part of her plan after all. She told herself one last thing before she finally emerged into the light.

Wipe your tears, before you rule!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I know that the background of the illustration that I made was at night, meanwhile in the story, it was daytime.. 😂😂

Yeah this illustration is just to help you imagine the Queen's dress and the atmosphere around her.. owo)/