22

It's been 3 days since the Queen stayed at the Gladiator's small hut. Everyday the Queen might ask about the Gladiator's magical friend, but the man refused to tell her where he live or how does he look like. He said that this friend hated social interaction. Of course, it's a lie.

"Muriel.. How often do you wash yourself?" The Queen was laying on the soft bed. She's been rolling there for hours since there's nothing to do. She decided to change the topic since there's no result when she brought up his magical friend.

"Huh?"

"You know.. take a bath? It's been 3 days since I'm here.. but I never saw you take a bath.." Her sight was upside down, but she could caught the embarrassment in the man's face. She changed her position rapidly, making sure about what she just saw. Oh.. shit.. I shouldn't say that..

"I.. wash myself.. every time the rain falls.." heat filled the man's face, turned its color into red.

"Aww.. but you still smell nice anyway~ that's good for you~.. However, I think I'm not used to that.. I need to wash myself.. asap.." the Queen tried to make the mountain man feels better about his habit. What she said was truth. The man was still smell as nice as ever although he didn't wash himself that often.

"There's a waterfall on a hill not far from here. I can take you there.. if you want.." The gladiator was sitting next to his bed, not facing the Queen. He let the beautiful woman peeked from his shoulder, watching his flustered face.

"Oh yes, please! That would be great. Thank you, Muriel." The woman placed her palm on the man's shoulder. Light taps followed afterwards, taking his attention towards her smile of gratitude.

"We'll go to the waterfall today." The man now on his feet. The Queen needs to lifted up her head to catch his eyes. "Prepare the things that you might need for your.. bath.." Then the mountain man left the surprised queen on her own. He walked through the only door of the room, only God knows what he's about to do outside.

The Queen approached the only cupboard in the room. She had moved her belongings from her horse onto the furniture. Now, she needs to gather her soap, towel and some food for their little journey. In her mind, she thought I think it would be nice to have a picnic after being clean. She didn't need a long time to walk outside and find the mountain man that already prepared the horse for her. "Dante?"

"You'll take the horse. I'm gonna walk and guide the way." Muriel put the saddle on the horse's back and attached the bags on its sides.

"Huh? That.. doesn't sounds fair. I'm gonna walk with you and let Dante hold our things instead." Once again the Queen disagreed with the man's decision. The man turned her head to see the beautiful woman that now started to put her things on horse but he let out a sigh instead. During her stay, he got to know her even better, including her strong will. Once she decided to do something, it's useless to tell her otherwise.

"Fine.. Nevertheless, you must use the horse when you're start to feel tired."

"Yes~ Yes~ I'm completely aware of that, Papa Bear~ " The Queen didn't realize that her nickname just brought the mountain man into another level of embarrassment. Muriel decided to rush their preparation and proceed into their mission.

Up the hills they went. Their journey mostly dominated by silence, just like when they were in the hut. The Queen couldn't stand the silence so she dig into her mind of any random topic. "Oh! Muriel.. how did you find me on that day? All I remember is... I was sleeping peacefully under a tree.."

"Your horse came to my hut. I decided to find the owner of him.. in case they need help."

"That's so nice of you~ I'm glad that you're the one that found me." The sun was now high on their head, but thankfully the shadow from the trees covered them.

"Are you sure.. that you were just.. sleeping back then?"

"Huh? I was.. Was there something weird?"

"The whole forest went strange. The trees seemed to block my way from you and when I arrived.. I wouldn't made it if the Heart of the Forest didn't help me." The Queen confounded by the man's utterance.  "You were in some kind of cocoon.. that was formed by the tree's roots. It seems like the forest was protecting you. I wonder why."

"Well.. This is the first time I heard that. I don't have the answer for now.. But yeah, sometimes the plants just appear from my touch without my consent.. " Her (e/c) orbs drew from the man to her feet. Now watching her steps, she fell into the deep of her thoughts. The plants would appear from my touch.. and now the roots from a tree formed a cocoon while I was sleeping.. what is the meaning in all of these? Why does the plants act in that blatant way towards me? What kind of power do I possess  actually?

"My Queen.." The woman pulled back to reality by the man's call. She felt a strong grip on her right wrist. "Don't walk too far. You might get lost." Her orbs landed on his green ones that was giving her a reassuring look. His hand was extended for her. The Queen briskly caught the big hand and moved closer to him. Her eyes continue to wonder around the environment. She didn't realize that the mountain man now was blushing furiously.. again.. when he realized that he's just hold her hand.

"Whoa.. is that.. the waterfall?" The view now on their sight. A beautiful waterfall surrounded by the trees and bushes, like a hidden paradise. The Queen could see a small rainbow that formed by the falling water. She was mesmerized. She never saw a nature dominated area would be so beautiful. Her castle's garden was nothing compared to this.

"My Queen. I will cast the protection spell and wait over there." Muriel signed the group of bushes and trees that wasn't far from the spot he stand with his eyes.

"You're not gonna clean yourself too?" Muriel was just turned his body to take out her stuff. Her words stunted his muscles instantly.

The mountain man handed the towel and soap. He didn't waste his time and just took the horse's leash and walked. His ears were burning red. When there were some distances between them, the man answered,"...... I will.. but after you."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸